Read-Only Read-Only Topic
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools
Need some clearity Login/Join

posted
Hey guys as some know I have been stepping up to peels and rolling now.

My skin when I started a year ago was pink and pale all over and red and flushed on my nose and cheeks and forehead. As time went on this gradually faded to a certain point where it is not that Noticable but deffinitley there. The redness also goes around my mouth and is is in the corners of my eyes.

Anyway I looked in the mirror in an insanely brightly lit room and I noticed that this redness is still there. It has been a little more then a year post accutane and despite the fact that it has surely gotten better, does this sound like

I ask because i don't want to do these much stronger treatments and end up doing more damage.

Also, redness is really the only symptom. Not really any dryness, itching, burning and i can
Handle products like super cp serum with no problems at all.

So should I just chalk this one up to after affects of accutane that will gradually fade and continue my course? Or should I hold off?

Thanks
Dave

This message has been edited. Last edited by: SkinBiologyWebmaster,

Posts: 116 | Location: House | Registered: 03 June 2010Report This Post
Picture of Dr. Pickart
posted Hide Post
For redness, a mild use of CPs followed by Emu Oil with Anti-oxidants often works.

But the key is light product use.

Posts: 7065 | Location: Skin Biology | Registered: 15 September 2004Report This Post
posted Hide Post
Dr. Pickart..my redness has went down a lot in the last year and i'm pretty sure I don't flush anymore, if anything once in a while when it used to be several times a day last summer...

Do you think this is still the after effects of accutane? given the fact that my redness has slowly faded but not completley

I just read a post a while ago from nicekitty that said someone told her that it can take 3 years to recover from accutane..can this be?

This message has been edited. Last edited by: Da52391,

posted Hide Post
bump

Picture of Skin Biology
posted Hide Post
Dear Da52391:

Dr. Pickart will probably post back when he has an opportunity.

But elsewhere it is reported that "high dosages of isotretinoin [Accutane] have been reported to cause severe facial skin redness and irritation." See:

So it may take some time for the redness to gradually go away. Continuing to use a light amount of CP Serum and Emu Oil-S should help your skin gain its health back.

Best Wishes,
-Skin Biology

This message has been edited. Last edited by: SkinBiologyWebmaster,

Posts: 4865 | Location: Skin Biology in Bellevue, Washington - USA | Registered: 22 June 2004Report This Post
posted Hide Post
Hi all thanks for providing me nice information.The tips shared by you are really nice.It will definitely help me to get clear and beautiful skin

Posts: 7 | Location: USA | Registered: 23 June 2011Report This Post