healthyskin.infopop.cc
Need some clearity

This topic can be found at:
https://healthyskin.infopop.cc/eve/forums/a/tpc/f/8890018252/m/9471053516

28 May 2011, 07:54 PM
Da52391
Need some clearity
Hey guys as some know I have been stepping up to peels and rolling now.

My skin when I started a year ago was pink and pale all over and red and flushed on my nose and cheeks and forehead. As time went on this gradually faded to a certain point where it is not that Noticable but deffinitley there. The redness also goes around my mouth and is is in the corners of my eyes.

Anyway I looked in the mirror in an insanely brightly lit room and I noticed that this redness is still there. It has been a little more then a year post accutane and despite the fact that it has surely gotten better, does this sound like

I ask because i don't want to do these much stronger treatments and end up doing more damage.

Also, redness is really the only symptom. Not really any dryness, itching, burning and i can
Handle products like super cp serum with no problems at all.

So should I just chalk this one up to after affects of accutane that will gradually fade and continue my course? Or should I hold off?

Thanks
Dave

This message has been edited. Last edited by: SkinBiologyWebmaster,
28 May 2011, 09:36 PM
Dr. Pickart
For redness, a mild use of CPs followed by Emu Oil with Anti-oxidants often works.

But the key is light product use.
29 May 2011, 08:02 PM
Da52391
Dr. Pickart..my redness has went down a lot in the last year and i'm pretty sure I don't flush anymore, if anything once in a while when it used to be several times a day last summer...

Do you think this is still the after effects of accutane? given the fact that my redness has slowly faded but not completley

I just read a post a while ago from nicekitty that said someone told her that it can take 3 years to recover from accutane..can this be?

This message has been edited. Last edited by: Da52391,
30 May 2011, 04:40 PM
Da52391
bump
31 May 2011, 04:29 PM
Skin Biology
Dear Da52391:

Dr. Pickart will probably post back when he has an opportunity.

But elsewhere it is reported that "high dosages of isotretinoin [Accutane] have been reported to cause severe facial skin redness and irritation." See:

So it may take some time for the redness to gradually go away. Continuing to use a light amount of CP Serum and Emu Oil-S should help your skin gain its health back.

Best Wishes,
-Skin Biology

This message has been edited. Last edited by: SkinBiologyWebmaster,
23 June 2011, 01:12 AM
Jenniferd
Hi all thanks for providing me nice information.The tips shared by you are really nice.It will definitely help me to get clear and beautiful skin