Read-Only Read-Only Topic
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools
The most salicylic acid Login/Join

posted   Report This Post  
Which product has the most salicylic acid in it? Excluding the exfoliators. And which has the least salicylic acid in the CPs?

Specifically, Super CP 2X, Super Cop, TriReduction.

Thank you.
Picture of Skin Biology
posted   Hide PostReport This Post  
Dear Kikimiha:

Dr. Pickart will probably post his thoughts on this, although it may be information that we do not specifically give.

You can look at the order of ingredients as listed in all three products though.

And the new "copper-peptide concentration rating system" now listed online for individual facial products containing SRCPs may be helpful. See: TriReduction Cream, Super Cop Regular, Super Cop 2X - Extra Strength

Of course more importantly, please keep in mind that product strengths are relative. The guide outlining concentration of copper-peptides (or knowing how much salicylic acid is contained in one product over another) is only partially helpful. Stronger does not mean better. And many times milder products can be more successfully used, especially if clients are looking for overall products they can apply every day.

So we might suggest contacting us directly so that we can help devise a personalized skin care routine designed especially for you.

Best Wishes,
-Skin Biology
quote:
Which product has the most salicylic acid in it? Excluding the exfoliators. And which has the least salicylic acid in the CPs?

Kikimiha I'm not sure what your reason for the question. But all Salicylic in Copper Peptides are there to push the product deeper. Their very high pH and don't exfoliate.
quote:
But all Salicylic in Copper Peptides are there to push the product deeper. Their very high pH and don't exfoliate.

The reason I ask is because my skin is sensitive to any kind of exfoliation. I think my skin is sensitive to salicylic acid, so I would like the CP product with the lowest amount Sal Acid.

I must exfoliate with CP use. Although I've lowered my daily strength of Sal Acid for daily use, I find that it's still too much, especially when I layer CP's on my face that already contain S.A. I figured if I could use a CP product with the lowest amount of S.A., my skin will be ok, and I could continue with exfoliation.

But I if the pH of the Sal Acid in the CP's doesn't exfoliate, as you say, then I guess it wouldn't matter. Thanks! I can rule this out.

I'll post in another area, but as a side note: I find that if I do any kind of exfoliation my skin gets dry, irritated, chapped, flaky, and raw. I've given my skin a break from CPs (and anything with S.A. as an ingredient) for a week, sometimes longer. Just so I could do basic mild exfoliation. I'm trying to rule out what's making my skin this way for the past 3 years.

Thank you again.
Kiki
Kiki. For dry skin the P&R with Retinol is very good. I still find that to be my favorite product for dry skin after peels. The high Retinol stimulates oil production.

I'm not sure what you are working on but spring boarding off what Dr. Pickart wrote, concerning product strength.

They range in Copper Concentration from the weakest 1 to the strongest 28. That thought can be misleading. They are all very strong on an absolute scale. The 1 used in Super GHK is 5 times stronger then anything else on the market and 5 times stronger then the the GHK used for the Skin Biology Studies.

The Trireduction is an 11, Super Cop 14 and Super Cop 2X a 28. Some do use the Super Cop and Super Cop 2X face wide but they really are designed for spot treating. The Trireduction is the absolute strongest Copper Peptide recommended for face wide use and it was actually introduced for Reducing the Appearance of Scars, Stretch marks and improving the look of other serious skin concerns.

I've read where either Skin Biology or Dr. Pickart stated they rarely had any problems or complaints with those who use the milder products. The problems/complaints did not start until the stronger products were introduced. People get in trouble when they use too strong a product or try to go too fast.

Unless you are dealing with extensive damage you may find you do much better with a milder product.

I could not handle anything stronger then CP Serum and P&R products when I started. Yet was able to make substantial progress on decades old scars. I figure if those mild products can improve the appearance of blemishes. Probably 90% plus of SB users could eliminate damage and fully rejuvenate the skin with the milder products.

This message has been edited. Last edited by: SkinBiologyWebmaster,
Picture of Dr. Pickart
quote:
Originally posted by MaxxC:
quote:

Kikimiha I'm not sure what your reason for the question. But all Salicylic in Copper Peptides are there to push the product deeper. Their very high pH and don't exfoliate.

The low levels of salicylic acid are only added to products that need a more intensive effect.

No Salicylic Acid

Copper Sun. GHK-Serum, Foot Cream, Shampoo, Conditioner, Body Lotion, Breast Cream, All tin peptides, CP Serum, Night Eyes, Night Eyes Premier, P&R 2 (Classic)

Very Low levels of salicylic acid
Bioheal, GHK Cream, P&R3, Skin Signals Cream, Skin Signals Lotion,

Low Level of salicylic acid
Super CP Serum, Folligen Cream, Folligen Lotion, Folligen Lotion, Super Cop, Super Cop 2X