Read-Only Read-Only Topic
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools
Can the pump be fixed? Login/Join

posted   Report This Post  
I have been using the Super GHK cream for a few weeks and now the pump won't work. I don't like taking the cap off and putting a scoop in there to get the product out. I feel like I am applying too much this way. Does anyone have any tips on fixing the pump? If not, how can I make sure I am using a similar amount for each application. Thanks for your help.
posted   Hide PostReport This Post  
I've had the same thing with Super GHK Cream and with the Night Eyes as well. Just Store the bottles upside down and let them work by gravity.

Then just use the bottle like normal but invert the bottle, with the tip down to administer. You will be able to control the amount administered just like before. The hardest thing to do, is to get in the habit of storing them upside down.
Picture of SkinBioTeam
Thank you Maxx, storing them upside down really helps as they are airless pumps.

Smiling - Please let us know if this doesn't help with the problem with your Super GHK Cream. You can call us at 800.405.1912. Or email to customerservice@skinbiology.com.

Keep Smiling
~The SkinBio Team
I've had the same issues w/ my bottles of GHK or Night Eyes (not w/ Bioheal or Skin Signals Solution, though). I've actually had the same problem w/ several bottle of Night Eyes - they've never been trouble free in fact.

I was successful in turning one of them upside down and getting more product out, but not this time. It is a new bottle and just won't work at all. Very bothersome. Even pounding it upside down won't fill the empty space w/ product.
Hi MaxxC, Thanks for the tip. I have been storing the bottle upside down, but I never thought to dispense the cream upside down. I will try this and see if it helps. Hi Foxe, I was pounding the bottles upside down too. It didn't help.
Foxe I had to leave them stored upside down for few day for gravity to force the cream to the bottom. The only bottle I have had trouble with as well, are the Night eyes and GHK cream. No issues, yet with the 50 ml bottles.

Have patience, store them upside down for a few day and this should correct the problem. Always has for me, which seems to be a common problem.

Give it a few days for the gravity to move the product to the bottom. Store them upside down and administer upside down. Little different but in my experience they work just like normal if done in this fashion.
Patience??? this is the 3rd bottle of Night Eyes (and one of GHK) that's done this to me. Usually it happens when the bottle is almost empty and storing upside down did help. This last bottle of Night Eyes is NEW and storing it inverted or pounding has not done a thing.

The largere bottles do not seem to be having problems.
Picture of Skin Biology
Dear foxe and all:

Yes the airless pumps have proven to be somewhat of a challenge. The vast majority of clients do not have difficulty with them, but they have caused enough of an issue for us to finally pinpoint the problems and be quite helpful in fixing it.

First of all we found that due to the way the product is hand filled, our thick creams filled in airless pumps, can very easily succumb to pockets of air that will make the pump function temporarily not work.

The viscosity or consistency (thickness) of some copper-peptide creams makes them more difficult to prevent little air pockets from seeping in. Even a very small air pocket can disturb the pressure of the pump, making it not rise and pump out thick creams.

So - Number 1: We have adjusted the way we fill the creams available in the airless pumps. This should help in making them easier to pump using the airless function.

Number 2: Here at our offices we will try to store them upside down so that the pressure is kept consistent.

Number 3: We instruct clients if they are experiencing problems to first re-tighten the cap which many times solves the problem. Unscrew the base then screw on again securely. Next, holding the pump upside down, shake or tap down the product to remove any air pockets that may be hindering the pump function. Finally, pump briskly to get to start moving the product again. Then keep the product stored upside down.

Number 4: We have changed certain products (i.e. LacSal Cream, LacSal Serum, and BioHeal) over to 2oz tubes.

Number 5: If you have already done all of the aforementioned suggestions, and feel that you have received a defective pump, feel free to contact us directly or email us at: customerservice@skinbiology.com

Hopefully this helps...

Best Wishes,
-Skin Biology
Foxe. My bottles always worked fine initially, then stopped. Not sure if on a new bottle, that is defective, it will help. But its always worked for me on part full bottles.
quote:
Number 3: We instruct clients if they are experiencing problems to first re-tighten the cap which many times solves the problem. Unscrew the base then screw on again securely. Next, holding the pump upside down, shake or tap down the product to remove any air pockets that may be hindering the pump function. Finally, pump briskly to get to start moving the product again. Then keep the product stored upside down

I've done all suggestions except the bolded one. I tried to unscrew the bottom once, but it didn't want to budge. Guess I'll give it to my DH and then see if I can push the bottom of the cream up to squeeze out the air gap.
Picture of Skin Biology
Sorry foxe - We meant unscrew/or take off the base of the top pump function...

(See example attached to this message)

Take off that top - Then screw it back on securely. Shake product down a bit. And start pumping to get the function started again.

Press down on the pump with it facing away from you so that no splatter gets on your clothes.

Please let us know if you're continuing to have problems and we will replace.

Best Wishes,
-Skin Biology

I'd already done that one too, no luck.

There is a pretty big air gap on the top of the product and the product doesn't want to budge.
Foxe that is a bummer. Maybe open the top and use a thin knife or something to break up the product and air bubbles by thoroughly stirring and mixing. Also make sure the nozzle isn't clogged.

If that dosen't work then I guess simply remove the product and place it in a 1/4 or 1/2 ounce jar, like the Skin Biology sample jars. Should be easy to control the amount of product that way. but not as good as the metered does from the original bottle.

Let us know if you figure it out Smiler
Picture of SkinBioTeam
quote:
I'd already done that one too, no luck.

Please Fox. Give us a call. We want you to be happy with the product. Struggling to get it out of the bottle will not help with that.

Keep Smiling
~The SkinBio team