Read-Only Read-Only Topic
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools
Dr. Pickart....Penetration enhancers or inhibitors Login/Join

posted   Report This Post  
I have been reading and reading, and now I don't know which way is up. Some things I see seem to contradict others, so I'll pose the raised questions now...
I read that the squalane oil that I have aids in penetration of my Skin Signals. I have also read, and I can find the link if need be, that my Lactic Power 10 can be used also to aid penetration when applied after the SS(contrary to what the Customer Service gal told me, who said to apply the Lactic BEFORE the CPs until I directed her to the link, which then confused HER because she said she had always been told "acids before CPs"). In addition, I've seen that the squalane can be used to aid penetration of the Lactic when applied after. So, altogether, I've seen:
Apply hydroxies before CPs;
Apply hydroxies after CPs;
Apply oils after CPs;
Apply oils after hydroxies;

So, if I'm using SS in conjunction with nightly Retin-A, could I:
Apply Retin-A;
Spritz on SS;
Wait 10 minutes and apply Lactic Power 10;
End with squalane?

If so, is there any reason I couldn't do this in the morning as well (minus the Retin-A)? I've already been doing most of these twice a day on some days anyway, just not always in that order and not always at the same time...sometimes a couple of hours apart.

Also, is there any ingredient in the Lactic Power that would inhibit penetration of the SS if I apply the LP10 before SS? It seems pretty creamy.

Sorry if this got wordy....thanks!
Picture of Dr. Pickart
posted   Hide PostReport This Post  
It is difficult to get water-soluble molecules into the skin. But fatty molecules easily pass through the skin barrier.

So, our fatty creams applied first will push non-fat Serum ingredients into the skin.

But if you want to reduce the effectiveness of a serum, such when applying to laser-burned skin, the use an oil of a cream first.
I'm not quite understanding your answer. Are you referring to the LP10 when you say "fatty creams"? Are you saying that the Lactic Power aids the SS better if applied before, or after the SS? And is it true that the squalane applied after the LP10 will assist as well, or am I wasting the squalane?
So, would by preferred order be:
1)LP10
2)SS
3)squalane;
or:
1)SS
2)LP10
3)no squalane, not needed
?
Thank you Doctor...sorry for so many questions. I must second the sentiment of the user who asked, "How do you DO it?"...I don't know how you keep up with your research and your business and still keep up with mentoring all of us. My hat's off to you, sir! Bravo!

(Or maybe this one's more appropriate: Love)
Picture of Dr. Pickart
The best would be......

1)SS
2)LP10
3)no squalane, not needed
Got it! Thanks.
Picture of stoney
Yes Mary, there are a variety of ways to use the products. It all depends on what you are trying to achieve & whether you are using a serum or a cream. Applying LacSal or Retin-A 1st giving them at least 30 mins on your skin will give you the best exfoliation.

Applying it afterwards will amplify the effects of CPs by pushing them deeper. Great for targeting expression line or spot treating scars. I would only do this once or twice a week though.

I would alternate LacSal & Retin-A as opposed to using them together on a daily basis –or- use LacSal AM/ Retin-A PM. SS once or twice a day depending on your skin.

Topping off with Emu or Squalane will push everything into position to get down to work.

Alternating products & methods seems to work best...switching it up a bit... Thumbs UP!