Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools
Super Cop Makes My Skin Itch and Peel.....PLEASE HELP Login/Join

posted   Report This Post  
Hi Dr. Pickart!

Long time fan here......I've been using your products for years and LOVE THEM! Best on the market.

Here is my problem - After years of using your copper peptides, I eventually worked up to the pure Super Cop Serum and had no problems. Skin adjusted nicely.

However, for whatever reason, the last year or so, I'v been slacking off and was not using your products.

Now I have half a bottle of the Super Cop left and started to use it again....but now where ever the serum touches my skin, the next day it's irritated, red, and itches like crazy and sometimes will start to peel.

Even the palm of the hand - where I pour serum and then use my fingers to smooth over my face - will itch and peel.

I know (from reading your website and books) that copper peptides need to be started slowly until the skin adjusts. Sometimes I know you recommend using a light film of emu oil FIRST then apply the peptides.

I'm out of emu oil and for financial reasons right now, I can't afford to purchase anything.....could you suggest a way for to me to use the Super Cop without irritation? Can I apply a thin layer of pure oive oil first then the Super Cop serum on top?

Thanks so much for your advice...
Linda
posted   Hide PostReport This Post  
Are you using the Super CP Serum or the Super Cop Cream? You seem to have the names mixed up a bit.

Either way, you should go back and dilute them again, especially since its been so long since you last used them. The irriation you're seeing is a sign to back off a bit.

Dilute the serums with water (use a 50-50 blend or more to start) and the cream with either less use (once every few days or so) or with an oil like emu underneath.

HTH