Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools
Super Cop 2x on oily skin? Login/Join

posted
Hi, I'm new to these forums Smiler

I have been reading, but didn't have any questions of my own until now.

I've been using Super CP and LacSal for the past few months.

I started off using the Super CP once a week, but now use every couple of days. I use it around my eyes as well. Have not noticed any 'uglies'.

I'm now wondering if it would be beneficial to start using SuperCop 2x? (To help with photodamage)

I realise it's meant for scar reduction, but if I'm tolerating SuperCP well, could it be ok to try it? Or could it have adverse effects or no better effects than Super CP?

(I'm 45, with oily skin.
Effects of SuperCP so far are a glow to my skin (yeah!), smoother skin, (and healthier hair around my hairline where the serum has spread when applying to my face!

I don't have sagging facial skin or wrinkles - except for some very fine lines at the outer corners of my eyes. I have really good skin, except for photodamage from all the decades baking under the hot sun!)

Posts: 3 | Location: Australia | Registered: 03 December 2010Report This Post
posted Hide Post
Stick with the Super CP Serum and just gradually increase frequency and/or amount. Its a very strong remodeling agent. Dosen't get near the respect in deserves in comparison to the Super Cops.

I had some hyper pigmentation issues from over exfoliation with a micro cloth. Found an article by Skin Biology and they recommended 4-6 months of Super CP serum for Hyper Pigmentation. Should be an excellent choice for any photo damage/pigmentation issues.

Posts: 2118 | Location: Indiana | Registered: 06 February 2010Report This Post
posted Hide Post
Thanks MaxxC

I was wondering if it's not strong enough for me. I'll get to the end of the bottle and see how it's going. It may be having effects so subtle I can't notice them.

I do have a photograph up close of my face from before I started on CP's, so I'll take another in a couple of months and compare.

posted Hide Post
Cookie CP's don't work by irritation. If you can apply Super CP Serum without irritation or sagging count your lucky stars. 12 months in and I still can't apply Super CP Serum for too many days in a row without some looseness.

Go ahead and try the SC2X and see what happens. If the SC2X is too much or if the Super CP seems to work better you can always go back to that.

Good luck Smiler

posted Hide Post
Will give it a go!

I'll finish the bottle I have - and then give the supercop a try.
I guess I could use it on my body if it were to be too strong for my face Smiler

posted Hide Post
I have gotten a little bit of pigmentation from by using harsh acid on my face.
I have been using super cop cp 2x spot treating the pigmentation.
My questions is:
Would Super Cp serum the way to go OR Super Cop 2 x? Or any other product?

I did not notice the pigmentation after the skin healed from the acid trauma, till I started using super cop2x... would super cop2x cause that? or nah?
xo

Posts: 19 | Location: Australia | Registered: 27 December 2010Report This Post
Picture of stoney
posted Hide Post
Piginmud, You can use any CP on the pigmentation & do NOT need to go that strong.

I would hold off on 2X on new skin...

Posts: 2846 | Location: Maine | Registered: 30 March 2008Report This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
I have been using super cop cp 2x spot treating the pigmentation.
My questions is:
Would Super Cp serum the way to go OR Super Cop 2 x? Or any other product?

I've probably got it bookmarked somewhere. Skin Biology's response concerning hyper pigmentation; usually takes 4-6 months to resolve and recommended Super CP serum.

Its not a matter of using a strong product like Super Cop as Stoney pointed out. Its a matter of getting the skin back to functioning properly which will result in proper pigmentaion over time.

Picture of Skin Biology
posted Hide Post
Dear Piginmud:

You'll want to remember the suggestion on our Tips Page under the subheading "Caution on Strong Copper-Peptides - Super CP Serum and Super Cop Cream":

"SLOW is Better and LESS is More"

Although strong products are mentioned on our page on How to Decrease Areas of Hyperpigmentation, you'll notice in the "Results Tab" that clients have also used even Regular CP Serum with good success in evening out the skin tone after damage.

Start mildly and gradually work your way up (as needed).

Best Wishes,
-Skin Biology

Posts: 4865 | Location: Skin Biology in Bellevue, Washington - USA | Registered: 22 June 2004Report This Post
posted Hide Post
Thanks a million, I am gonna let the super cop 2x in my refrigerator for now Smiler and just stick with super cp and skin signals.
xo Smiler

Posts: 19 | Location: Australia | Registered: 27 December 2010Report This Post