Read-Only Read-Only Topic
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools
Vitamin C serum & CPs Login/Join

posted
What is the latest info on using vitamin C serums with CPs? I've been using SkinBiology CPs for years, increasing strengths. Used to use LacSal at night but have switched to Retin A for the past year. If I want to add in Vitamin C serum, when and how would I do that? Same day or every other day? AM or PM? If I layer with other products, how?

Posts: 1 | Location: NOVA SCOTIA | Registered: 19 December 2014Report This Post
Picture of SkinBioTeam
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by MySkin:
What is the latest info on using vitamin C serums with CPs? I've been using SkinBiology CPs for years, increasing strengths. Used to use LacSal at night but have switched to Retin A for the past year. If I want to add in Vitamin C serum, when and how would I do that? Same day or every other day? AM or PM? If I layer with other products, how?

Hello Myskin,

Welcome to our forum. Your question is one that is frequently asked. We appreciate this opportunity to assist you.

Can Copper-Peptides and Vitamin C Topical Be Used Together?

Biochemically vitamin C and copper should be opposed to one another, with the copper canceling out the effects of the vitamin C. So in the past we advised clients to use their vitamin C products on alternate days than the copper-peptides. However, in practical application it doesn't seem to be posing as much of a problem as we had once thought. As a result, we have removed this suggestion from our websites and printed material.

This could very well be due to the fact that vitamin C is a larger molecule that is very difficult to penetrate the skin topically. We do have many clients who use copper-peptides along with their topical vitamin C products and have reported nothing but great results. So it should be fine to use the two together.

However, they would probably gain the most benefit by taking vitamin C as an internal supplement and just using copper peptides+hydroxy acids as their topical cosmetic product.

Keep Smiling
~TheSkinBioTeam

Posts: 535 | Location: SkinBioOffice | Registered: 23 December 2009Report This Post