New
Find
Notify
Tools
The Derminator Login/Join

posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by RLC:
Tis the season...I have taken the last two summers off doing my routine, since Fall is here it's back to work. I'm not looking forward to it, the pain of needling is intense as I go deep (1.75-2MM), slapping on Super Cop 2 and Lacsal on a regular basis, and chemical peeling every other week, I exfoliate when my skin allows it which is frequently too...not fun, but I have seen results. I have reduced my scaring aprox 50+% over the last 24 months and as a bonus I have very minimal wrinkling which is rare for a 55 year old fit guy that loves the sun and I don't deny myself, I never will, what I love to do is outside in the sun.

I will do 7 needling sessions over the next 8 months with the Derminator, buy some more CP's from Doc, order some fresh chemical peel and suck it up and do it...I'm hoping for another 25% improvement over the next year...putting one foot in front of the other I plan on winning this battle :-)...

Good Luck to all in your quest.

Posts: 3 | Location: Idaho | Registered: 03 October 2015Report This Post
posted Hide Post
I just ordered a Derminator, do you have suggestions on using it? "Do and Don't DOs". This is a new experience for me. I would appreciate anything any one will add.

Jgaff

Picture of Skin Biology
posted Hide Post
Dear Jgaff:

As the popularity of the Derminator continues to grow, we're sure many of our clients will be able to pass on suggestions.

For right now, we can only say (depending on what a person is trying to accomplish and their own individual skin's sensitivity) clients are using copper peptides + skin rolling in three ways:

(1) Before they use the skin needling device
(2) Very lightly after they use the skin needling device
(3) Or they use copper-peptides on the days they do not use the skin needling device.

Typically we recommend using milder copper-peptides when skin needling, such as GHK-Copper Serum.

Although others online may have found certain techniques that work for their individual skin, we always recommend to closely follow the manufacturer's suggestions or contact them with details regarding use.

Any brand you decide to purchase should be used only as directed. Your device should be maintained, cleaned, and disposed of per the manufacturer's instructions.

General information on use of needling devices and copper peptides can be found at: Use of Skin Needling and Skin Rollers While Using Copper-Peptides

Dr. Phillipa McCafferey wrote a brilliant article on the use of needles and copper peptides.

Best Wishes,
-Skin Biology

Posts: 4865 | Location: Skin Biology in Bellevue, Washington - USA | Registered: 22 June 2004Report This Post
posted Hide Post
Wow, thank you for the wonderful information. I am impressed! I will be checking out the copper-peptides and other products.

posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Jgaff:
I just ordered a Derminator, do you have suggestions on using it? "Do and Don't DOs". This is a new experience for me. I would appreciate anything any one will add.

Jgaff

Just do it...don't skip sessions, don't avoid it, just do it. Get a calendar and space out your sessions at the level you want, 5 weeks, 6 weeks whatever, and mark that date on the calendar, when that day arrives you do your session, no excuses...do the depth as deep as you can stand it (practice on your arm before you do your face) and cause wounds (I'm a bloody mess and sore for a day after a session), collagen will fill in those wounds over time...sounds fun doesn't it. The good news is that someday someone will ask you what you are doing because your skin looks great.

With that said, start out slow, play with the machine, understand how it works & the settings, practice on your arm...don't skimp on the cartridges, you want sharp needles...when you are comfortable with the machine, go for it, it will not harm you.

Posts: 8 | Location: Oklahoma | Registered: 01 December 2013Report This Post
posted Hide Post
Just wanted to say that after having used my Terminator about two months, I'm surprised by the good results I obtained.
I used needles 1 mm every week ... despeus Copper Pepridos first generation.
next morning serum vit C, at night Retin A 0.5.
If anyone is still wondering, it is a good routine.
My skin is firmer, tone much better, my age spots have almost disappeared.

Posts: 27 | Location: Valencia | Registered: 27 July 2010Report This Post
posted Hide Post
Do you user Retin A cream 0.5% once a day ? On the entire face ?

What is your cream brand please ? BEcause Retin-A is different than Retinol A.

Posts: 45 | Location: France | Registered: 27 February 2014Report This Post
posted Hide Post
I use Retin A 0.5 from India.
Some days the face is somewhat sensitive, then at night usoRetinol, Vitamin A Acetate.
I like to make my own creams

Picture of Skin Biology
posted Hide Post
Dear Ely:

Thanks for your feedback! That seems to be what many master estheticians, dermatologists, and individual clients have been doing to ramp up their results.

See: www.reverseskinaging.com/skinneedling.html

Or see the article Micro Needling, Roller Devices, and Copper Peptides - by Dr. Phillipa McCafferey at: www.reverseskinaging.com/skin-...ing-and-rollers.html

Posts: 4865 | Location: Skin Biology in Bellevue, Washington - USA | Registered: 22 June 2004Report This Post
posted Hide Post
Thank you. The information is very useful