Read-Only Read-Only Topic
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools
sun damaged chest-HELP Login/Join

posted
I'm 38 with fair, sensitive skin. My chest always looks like I've gotten a little sunburn. There are a few broken capillaries and enlarged pores. What is more bothersome is the bumps, which my dermatologist said is little bundles of damaged elastic tissue. These cycle from just being flesh colored bumps to being itchy, inflamed and red all year round. My derm recommended using retinol to thicken the skin back up and of course, sunscreen. I have used the retinol for over a week now and all that is happening is inflamed irritation overload. Everything I try just causes further irritation. Is there anything that can help? I would like to get rid of the redness and bumps but the derm says laser is the ONLY way. Frowner

Posts: 2 | Location: Little Rock, AR | Registered: 21 May 2013Report This Post
Picture of Dr. Pickart
posted Hide Post
Lasers often cause more problems than they help.

Start with a very mild regimen. Use CP Serum followed by Emu Oil for Skin with Antioxidants. This will slowly calm your skin.

After this, start using stronger products and alternate Super CP Serum and LacSal Cream. This should work for you. There are stronger product if you need them but use this now.

Also take each day...

Vitamin C - 1 gram
MSM - 2 grams
Flaxseed Oil - 5 grams = 1 teaspoon.

This message has been edited. Last edited by: Skin Biology,

Posts: 7065 | Location: Skin Biology | Registered: 15 September 2004Report This Post
posted Hide Post
Thanks. I have ordered the CP Serum and Emu oil. Will these help with necklace lines and general lack of tightness in the neck skin as well?

Posts: 2 | Location: Little Rock, AR | Registered: 21 May 2013Report This Post
Picture of Dr. Pickart
posted Hide Post
They should help reduce the appearance but you may use stronger products in the future. But first get your skin into better health.

This message has been edited. Last edited by: Skin Biology,

Posts: 7065 | Location: Skin Biology | Registered: 15 September 2004Report This Post