Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools
Sore skin from over doing exfoliation Login/Join

Picture of winterskisss
posted
I over exfoliated with derm cloth so i put my SSC on like normal but it was still sore so i put some bio heal on top was this too much copper for my skin ? It does feel better now though .

Cynthia VanVranken

Posts: 61 | Location: NY | Registered: 01 July 2004Report This Post
Picture of Skin Biology
posted Hide Post
Dear winterskisss:

Yes - It is quite easy to over-do it with the microdermabrasion cloths.

Probably the best thing to do if you accidentally over-use your cloth is to let your skin rest and perhaps only apply a light biological oil such as Squalene Oil or Emu Oil-S Lipid Replenisher.

But a mild copper peptide is good too! BioHeal probably helped soothe things a bit.

Let us know if you have any other questions concerns - You can always email us as well at: customerservice@skinbiology.com

Best Wishes,
-Skin Biology

Posts: 4865 | Location: Skin Biology in Bellevue, Washington - USA | Registered: 22 June 2004Report This Post
Picture of winterskisss
posted Hide Post
Thank you for replying the Bio Heal made the burn and redness go away it felt good I have the oils from SB and will use them too for this if i need to again and i will be more careful but all the soreness went and im all better now it was nice .

Cynthia VanVranken

Picture of winterskisss
posted Hide Post
I wondered if that was too much copper when i layered the SSC and the BH ?

Cynthia VanVranken

Picture of Skin Biology
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by winterskisss:
I wondered if that was too much copper when i layered the SSC and the BH ?

Dear winter:

Using too much of anything can be somewhat irritating to the skin.

Although you don't have to be worried about using too much copper, your product will work better, last longer, and you'll be able to avoid any irritation by using one copper peptide product at a time.

Next time, you might want to use Skin Signals or Bioheal... there's probably no need to use both.

You could perhaps use BioHeal when you need a "soothing action" (if you ever overdo things) - This product is designed to encourage rejuvenation and calming after something that has "stressed your skin".

Then save your Skin Signals for anti-aging, skin firming use.

Best Wishes,
-Skin Biology

Posts: 4865 | Location: Skin Biology in Bellevue, Washington - USA | Registered: 22 June 2004Report This Post