Read-Only Read-Only Topic
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools
Clarisonic Login/Join

posted
I am curious if the Clarisonic system make any difference in cleaning and exfoliating your skin? I hear suck great things about it, but is it all hype or of value?

Posts: 11 | Location: New England | Registered: 15 October 2013Report This Post
Picture of Skin Biology
posted Hide Post
Dear Michelle28:

Thanks for posting - We're sure others will chime in with their personal experiences or opinions on what has worked for them.

You'll notice though that on the forum Dr. Pickart has mentioned the Clarisonic product by stating "Some also first treat scars with the Clarisonic cleaner which removes sebum from the skin. Removing sebum from scar tissue may make it easier for copper peptides and hydroxy acids to penetrate the scar tissue." - (For example, see: https://healthyskin.infopop.cc/...151015846#8151015846)

So use of any manual method of abrasion (as long as it is effective but not too rough on the skin) may be suitable.

Which method of manual exfoliation might be more effective may greatly depend on the area and type of damage.

Best Wishes,
-Skin Biology

Posts: 4865 | Location: Skin Biology in Bellevue, Washington - USA | Registered: 22 June 2004Report This Post
posted Hide Post
I really don't have much in the way of scars but how about benefits for anti aging and the penetration of your products?

Picture of Skin Biology
posted Hide Post
Dear Michelle28:

If anti-aging is your main concern, we'd recommend first just using a mild hydroxy acid along with an effective/strong copper-peptide.

But be sure to do so every single day.

Effective exfoliation seems to be extremely helpful in preparing the skin for optimal copper-peptide uptake/penetration though. So it certainly wouldn't hurt to address anti-aging concerns to use a good system of exfoliation.

But first start with a daily 2% or 10% hydroxy acid and then if you are not seeing results fast enough or to your satisfaction, you can always boost your exfoliation by looking into some of these other methods.

Best Wishes,
-Skin Biology

Posts: 4865 | Location: Skin Biology in Bellevue, Washington - USA | Registered: 22 June 2004Report This Post
posted Hide Post
Is there a strong hydroxy you recommend as my skin can handle anything? When would you use this with your products and does anything really help dark circles under eye??

Thank you

Picture of Skin Biology
posted Hide Post
Dear Michelle28:

If you're looking for an effective strong hydroxy acid, we'd recommend looking into perhaps a 40% lactic acid peel.

Typically peels are only performed every once in a while. Perhaps once or twice a month would be a good place for you to start.

But daily you'll want to always use a 10% hydroxy acid such as LacSal Cream.

Around the eye area, dark circles seem to be greatly helped by using a very gentle copper-peptide such as CP Night Eyes or Super GHK Cream.

But if dark circles seem to recently have increased substantially, it is good to make sure that nothing internally could be contributing to a more pigmented appearance in this area.

Best Wishes,
-Skin Biology

posted Hide Post
I use the LacSal cream every night under the TriReduction. Is there a brand of the 40% you would recommend to use 1 x month?

posted Hide Post
Lastly, I have been using skin signals around my eye area. Is that sufficient or is one of your recommendations better?

Thank you

Picture of Skin Biology
posted Hide Post
Dear Michelle:

Well, there's not a particular brand of 40% lactic acid. We'd just recommend to go to a reputable reseller.

Many find it beneficial to purchase from a reseller known for their excellent customer service and who provides detailed information on how to use the at-home peels. Then be sure to use the peel as directed.

Around the eye area, you can use your Skin Signals Cream. That is fine. How long have you been using it?

Best Wishes,
-Skin Biology

posted Hide Post
I would say about 2+ months.... But the dark circles I can't seem to improve