Read-Only Read-Only Topic
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools
CP's/Retinol Login/Join

posted
If Retinol is suppose to help with wrinkles and cp's do the same thing is it a waste to use the Retinol?

Posts: 88 | Location: state of happiness | Registered: 05 December 2010Report This Post
Picture of Skin Biology
posted Hide Post
Dear healthy1:

Excellent question! Many times the issue lies with cosmetic companies advertising or claiming that retinol does much more than it actually does.

For most clients using copper-peptides, hydroxy acids, and a good moisturizer of their choice has helped their skin greatly.

Best Wishes,
-Skin Biology

This message has been edited. Last edited by: SkinBiologyWebmaster,

Posts: 4865 | Location: Skin Biology in Bellevue, Washington - USA | Registered: 22 June 2004Report This Post
posted Hide Post
Thanks, that's what I wondered why use the Retinol if CP's is doing more and then some. I'm all for keeping it simple.

Posts: 88 | Location: state of happiness | Registered: 05 December 2010Report This Post
posted Hide Post
The article from what I understand refers to Retin-a. The Retinol I have is from NCN and wonder since it's not the strong Retin-a if it's really doing anything and to drop it.

Picture of Skin Biology
posted Hide Post
Dear healthy1:

Actually the articles address both Retinol and Retinoic Acid and why they can easily be confused for one another.

Dr. Pickart says retinol is added to many moisturizers or oils (your product from NCN is probably very moisturizing). It basically is ordinary vitamin A.

Although a small amount of topical retinol will be converted in the skin to retinoic acid (the biologically active agent for skin renewal) in studies copper-peptides out perform both compounds.

Best Wishes,
-Skin Biology

Posts: 4865 | Location: Skin Biology in Bellevue, Washington - USA | Registered: 22 June 2004Report This Post