Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools
Deep Atrophic scar Login/Join

posted
Hi dr Pickard,
I have an atrophic scar on my jaw, its about 2 cm wide,4 cm long and its really bothering me. Its indented and i needle it every month along with the strongest CPS. It seems that the fat under the scar is destroyed. When i touch it my finger sinks in and i dont know what else to do. How can i get my skin texture back (grow skin back) when there is no fat under it. It is really shiny and has no pores. Ive tried a few chemical peels but when the damaged skin peels the scar looks the exact same, only shinier.

Please advice

Posts: 9 | Location: Beirut leb | Registered: 04 June 2013Report This Post
posted Hide Post
Is there anything that will restore normal skin texture?

posted Hide Post
Can anyone please reply?

posted Hide Post
Hi ellakeloid,

Maybe if you post a pic someone may weigh in. Have you seen a dermatologist at any point?

:-)

Posts: 35 | Location: Australia | Registered: 03 January 2006Report This Post
posted Hide Post
kimba i did, i just had my vbeam laser done but i was hoping i could skip all the expensive costs and have it done at my own pace alone. Most dermatologists told me my keloid was impossible to treat but i had some success an improvement in the appearance with the cp serum and needling, so i couldnt really trust them at this point.
If theres anything you know i would appreciate it Smiler thanks

This message has been edited. Last edited by: Skin Biology,

posted Hide Post
Here is a picture of my scar, its indented and elongated. I just want to restore its texture back.

Scar

posted Hide Post
hi elkaloid. This scar appears that it could respond very well to dry needling as I can see striated scar tissue and/or using a dermaroller along with CPs massage in.

Posts: 237 | Location: Nashua NH | Registered: 07 March 2010Report This Post
Picture of Skin Biology
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by ellakeloid:
i had some success with the cp serum and needling...

Dear ellakeloid:

We apologize for the delay in getting back to you.

For how long have you been using the products? In your first post you mentioned "every month" you have been doing needling "along with the strongest CPs". How many months have passed? Perhaps we can assist you in adjusting your regimen slightly to boost or improve your results.

Please feel free to post your AM and PM regimen.

We're glad that you've had some success and we look forward to seeing if we can help improve things. As far as improving the texture of damaged skin, be sure to carefully review our page at: www.reverseskinaging.com/bumpy.html

The key seems to be consistency and effectively alternating with exfoliation and copper-peptides.

Finally our Tips on How to Use Copper-Peptides Effectively (www.reverseskinaging.com/tips.html) may be of further help to you.

Best Wishes,
-Skin Biology

Posts: 4865 | Location: Skin Biology in Bellevue, Washington - USA | Registered: 22 June 2004Report This Post
posted Hide Post
Dear ellakeloid,

I agree with the Skin Bio team & Patrice, don't give up, as there is definitely something that can be done, it just requires time & consistency.

Personally, I am investing in a dermapen (an electric, more effective form of needling)& an LED red light system to speed healing & enhance the results. I will be using these in conjunction with my CP's to treat my hypertrophic chest scar. If you do some research on the internet you can pick both of these things up for a reasonable price (check for their product reviews as a guide).

My heart is with you. You will see results! XO

Posts: 35 | Location: Australia | Registered: 03 January 2006Report This Post
posted Hide Post
I started using cp's and needling in may 2013. My keloids are less visible, which was a good thing. But my atrophic scar in the picture is not improving.
What i usually go is wake up, use cp2x and right before i sleep at night use the cp2x also. i exfoliate once every 2-3 weeks with 13% lactic acid with salicylic. I use duofilm wart remover.
I needle my scars every 2 weeks to ensure collagen grows well. But i havent seen any improvement in the appearance of my atrophic as i said.

Is it possible that normal skin cannot grow over scar tissue? Im willing to try everything otherwise id have to resort to surgery but i dont want to because im prone to keloids so excising may lead my scar into becoming worse.

If its consistency and patience that it requires im willing to do that but if its impossible to improve the appearance of my scar then im not sure what i can do.

Ella

This message has been edited. Last edited by: Skin Biology,