Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools
wicked rash Login/Join

posted
Hi,

I have been using the products for about two months. Last week after my usual peel, my face broke out with itchy flesh colored bumps,and my body with flaming itchy red bumps. I rested skin for 5 days then when things had calmed down, I used P&R and broke out in miserable itchy bumps again. The rash flares up even when I'm not using the cream. Its awful.

Rested the skin on my body then decided to put p&r body on a NEW place, and wham itchy rash.

I look terriible, and am miserable. Plus I invested$$$$$

It has been 10 days and I'm still bumpy and itchy, what should I do? I need some relief. Also, am I allergic? And WHEN will this awful ITCHY rash go away?????

Posts: 21 | Location: california | Registered: 31 July 2011Report This Post
posted Hide Post
just adding that after the peel I used P&R, and P&R body....as usual. This would have been my 4th peel 40% LA 4 mins every 7 days, no other exfoliation during the week.

Picture of Dr. Pickart
posted Hide Post
The strong, repeated 40% lactic acid peels are probably thinning your protective skin barrier to the point that you are developing a contact irritation. Your peel schedule is very rough on skin.

These products were safety tested on humans at UC San Francisco on various types of irritated skin (tape stripped skin, acetone defatted skin, sodium lauryl sulfate irritated skin, nickel allergy irritated skin) and no negative effects were observed.

As we tell everyone, go slow with skin rebuilding.

This message has been edited. Last edited by: SkinBiologyWebmaster,

Posts: 7065 | Location: Skin Biology | Registered: 15 September 2004Report This Post
posted Hide Post
I'm willing to entertain that theory, I was going by the directions that came with peel, though. I have rested the skin with no exfoliation for 10 days and applied mild cp's 2 times several days apart hoping to soothe it.

When will this calm down, and how to resume?

This message has been edited. Last edited by: Skin Biology,

Picture of Skin Biology
posted Hide Post
Dear pinkquinn:

No doubt Dr. Pickart will post back his thoughts. But generally clients with itchiness will rest the skin using a light biological oil.

Emu Oil-S is perfect for this.

When you are ready to return to a light application of Protect & Restore, be sure to (1) test on a very small area first and (2) base the skin first with a little bit of Emu Oil or a moisturizer.

Basing the skin first with a moisturizer will slow down the penetration of the product and make it a little gentler, just in case your skin is a bit sensitive.

See the following links for other tips/suggestions:
Tips on How to Use SRCPs Properly

Best Wishes,
-Skin Biology

This message has been edited. Last edited by: Skin Biology,

Posts: 4865 | Location: Skin Biology in Bellevue, Washington - USA | Registered: 22 June 2004Report This Post