Skin Biology    healthyskin.infopop.cc    SKIN BIOLOGY OFFICIAL CHAT FORUM | Free Skin Consultation 1-800-405-1912  Hop To Forum Categories  Products  Hop To Forums  Skin    Need to know: any way whatsoever for toxicity???

Moderators: Rosy

Read-Only Read-Only Topic
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools
Need to know: any way whatsoever for toxicity??? Login/Join

posted
Ok, I just bought a bunch of your products and am extremely excited about my purchase. But I know a VERY skeptical person whose background is in "health" and whose hubby is a a chemist -- and now a seed of doubt has been planted. I am just going to copy the email in hopes the doctor can address these concerns. Here it is:

quote:
Your doctor claims that Copper chloride plus hydrolized soy protein = copper peptides. ??? It took me two seconds to spot that on the ingredient list you sent me. Copper peptides can not be produced by mixing Copper chloride and hydrolized soy protein. So this is a lie in and of itself. He sells a harmful substance that costs next to nothing to produce and then sells it expensively as "copper peptides." He is making false statements; this is my point. Copper chloride is a blue dye sold next to nothing. The soy protein is no different. Copper peptides are different, as they are DOUBLE the price of gold per gram. And in these products, there is not even a small trace of them. I really do not like the fact that this doctor is lying about these products. Maybe his products are working on some, but it is not due to these "second generation copper peptides".

The chemist says that what you are touting is enough to make a formal complaint against, as there is "no way what you are claiming to be true, especially in terms of chemistry makeup of these copper peptides." There were some more things mentioned by this chemist, but I will leave it at this for now so not to get too detailed with all the chemistry aspects. If Dr. Pickart could address these comments, I would appreciate it. The person I know and her husband the chemist are very self-assured in all they are saying, as if there is NO other rational explanation in the least and that all this is just fake marketing hype over a harmful substance. They say there is no way there are copper peptides and also question why you haven't patented your "miracle skin remodeling product".

Thank you for taking the time to counter. I am very excited about trying your products, but I do want to know w/ certainty that what I am putting on my skin is not harming it. I see people on here getting results, but I don't want to find out years from now that I was using a harmful substance on my skin that was strong enough to "kill off" all the damage, but that it was also strong enough to later on cause me body health issues or skin problems on down the road (but that are temporarily hidden in these first years of product usage).

Thank you! Sorry to be the bearer of bad news. But it's my health and I must do my due diligence.

This message has been edited. Last edited by: emily100,

Posts: 35 | Location: homefront | Registered: 05 January 2011Report This Post
Picture of Dr. Pickart
posted Hide Post
Who is the "chemist"? Does he have a real name? Did he go to a real school? Has he published any papers on copper peptide chemistry? If he is that confident about his statements he certainly can reveal his name and background. He then can come to Seattle and explain is his ideas in a court of law.

I have a BA degree in chemistry and mathematics from the University of Minnesota and a PhD in Biochemistry from the University of California at San Francisco.

I seriously doubt this "chemist" is real. Copper peptides are prepared by a very simple procedure. A copper salt is dissolved in water. An adequate amount of peptides is added to the solution to bind the copper ions. The pH of the mixture is raised to pH 7 and the copper peptides are formed. Copper ions cannot stay in solution as the pH is raised. If there are no peptides to bind the copper ion, then the copper ions form copper hydroxide which precipitates from the solution. The binding affinity of small peptides for copper 2+ ion is about 10exp(+9). This means that for each billion molecules of copper-peptide, there is 1 free copper ion.

A grade school student, with proper direction, could make copper peptides in about 10 minutes.

In over 10 years of clients using our 2nd generation copper peptides, we have had zero claims for damage on our liability insurance.

This message has been edited. Last edited by: Skin Biology,

Posts: 7065 | Location: Skin Biology | Registered: 15 September 2004Report This Post
posted Hide Post
If I didn't know better I would think some of the bad comments against Dr. P come from other skin forums!

Posts: 88 | Location: state of happiness | Registered: 05 December 2010Report This Post
posted Hide Post
To me honest Emily. Right now you got a "he said, she said". Words. What Dr. Pickart says and his vast research won't mean anything to her kind or her "know it all" husband.

I personally wouldn't say anything to your friend not even that I was using the Skin Biology.

About 3-4 months see if she and her "chemist" husband have an explanation. Should be fun Smiler

Posts: 2118 | Location: Indiana | Registered: 06 February 2010Report This Post
posted Hide Post
thanx everyone. Maxx, well, I guess I wanted to know what I had said above....while results may very well happen for me, I just wanted to be sure it wasn't something that is so strong that it takes away the damage but it is also so strong that it's doing some underlying hidden damage too on down the road. I just want to be 100% on that. Thanks Dr. P for taking the time to answer me up above. Really appreciate.

posted Hide Post
quote:
I just wanted to be sure it wasn't something that is so strong that it takes away the damage but it is also so strong that it's doing some underlying hidden damage too on down the road

Can't happen. Never ever read any Skin Biology users on the forum ever having such a problem.

You will find some bogus information by Smartskincare who began savaging Skin Biology after they refused to buy add space. And some anonymous attacks traced back to competitors.

But nothing from the research or actual users of Skin Biology products. Totally safe.

posted Hide Post
I would love to know what makes these two 'friends' of yours such experts in the copper peptide field. (facetious of course) Do they attack other things with as much ferocity? Maybe that's just how they are.
And here's an interesting question?
What skin care does your friend use? Does it have lots of chemicals and silicones and other nasties? hummmm...

Posts: 81 | Location: Pennsylvania | Registered: 15 May 2010Report This Post
posted Hide Post
Emily,

My suggestion is simply try the products. The results are visible. I have tried many, many, many, many products and I have NEVER found anything like Skin Biology. The Skin Biology products are amazing!!!!!

Posts: 92 | Location: U.S. | Registered: 12 September 2010Report This Post
posted Hide Post
They arrived today! yayyy!! Thanks, Raine!

posted Hide Post
Hi emily100

Like you when I first started with Skin Biology - only 6 months ago - I read tons of negative stuff, and probably if I had shared my excitment of the potential amazing properties of copper peptides with certain friends then I suspect I would have been knocked down, even though I have a BSc in Biology and I'm currently a post grad student of Chemistry at a top UK university

I, therefore, decided to research copper peptides and the science behind Dr Pickart's work. Primarily, what I was aiming for was to either prove or disprove the information I was reading, and I performed this research with a very open mind.

I hope this reassures you some more, and that you can enjoy your new lotions and potions with confidence. Kindest regards

Posts: 38 | Location: UK | Registered: 22 July 2010Report This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
My suggestion is simply try the products. The results are visible. I have tried many, many, many, many products and I have NEVER found anything like Skin Biology. The Skin Biology products are amazing!!!!!

Raine you nailed it. Absolutely nothing even remotely close. Probably why all the attacks on Skin Biology. The cosmetic industry knows if Skin Biology became widely know: Game over.

Poppet I researched the forum for about 2 months before starting Skin Biology. Thats what convinced me to try them. I expected zero or little about 2-3 months in I knew it was real. If anything I believe the claims made by Dr. Pickart and Skin Biology about the attributes of SB are understated.

I started Skin Biology a little before Christmas of 2009. Come Christmas of 2010 many relatives had not seen me or the Mrs in over a year. Since them it seems more like Trick or Treat as so many of our relatives are begging for samples.

I thought this interesting and a story worth repeating. I started professional skin peels every 2 weeks in October of 2009 and Skin Biology in December. By April the Esthetician was begging me for before pictures so she could submit the before and afters to Glymed. I guess because of the quick improvement cause in comparison to now my skin still looked ragged. Just keeps getting better Smiler

I came clean and told my Esthetican that I was on Skin Biology. Gave her a bottle of the Body Lotion since she has some sun damage on the body and she got hooked. She started on the facial products late Summer. She told my wife that her Grandmother over Christmas, who never ever had commented, that her skin had never looked better.

This message has been edited. Last edited by: MaxxC,

Picture of Dr. Pickart
posted Hide Post
Skin Biology exists to help improve copper-peptide skin and hair products for practical and effective uses.

Posts: 7065 | Location: Skin Biology | Registered: 15 September 2004Report This Post