Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools
Recommendations Needed Login/Join

posted
Hi All,

I would like to buy a dermabrasion cloth but searches on this forum many times have only given me links to rather old posts and most of the products mentioned (eg thankyoustan cloths) are not available anymore.

Could someone recommend a brand to get? I found some on ebay but am not sure which ones are "genuine" and of good quality.

Anyone used the "Babyface" cloths or the cloths sold by "Enchanted Waters", both from Ebay?

Also, I'm totally new to microdermabrasion. How often should I use the cloth and when is a good time to use it, eg, should I use it in the morning after Lacsal at night, or before Lacsal at night, or ...?

Posts: 35 | Location: Singapore | Registered: 08 July 2012Report This Post
posted Hide Post
I got mine from ncn online and like it. I haven't tried any others. Which ever you get be very careful with it!Smiler

Posts: 29 | Location: Alaska | Registered: 15 February 2012Report This Post
Picture of Skin Biology
posted Hide Post
Dear Bird:

Yes, past posts (for instance, https://healthyskin.infopop.cc/...470040093#3470040093) where we had asked clients what is their preferred microdermabrasion cloth, will probably result in older products that may no longer be available. So thank you for starting up a new thread.

Some clients have used http://spacloth.com/ with good results - Please post back with the product that you decide to order and your results.

With microdermabrasion cloths (typically made of 100% microfiber, dermal grade) it is important to use exactly as directed.

Overuse can result in irritation and these cloths can be deceptively stronger than what they seem.

Some clients use them only once a week and do not use them the same day that they use their chemical exfoliant (i.e. LacSal). Others may use them more frequently and find that they can use a very mild hydroxy acid leave-on product afterward and experience no irritation.

Also many of the estheticians who carry our line of product only recommend using methods of manual exfoliation at night, so as not to expose freshly exfoliated skin to UV rays.

Most cloths can be used dry or wet, but be sure to carefully follow the instructions for best results.

For example, you can try using the cloth at the opposite end of day as your favorite copper-peptide product. Or as a once a week manual exfoliation session followed with a light moisturizer such as CELES Therapeutic Oil.

Best Wishes,
-Skin Biology

Posts: 4865 | Location: Skin Biology in Bellevue, Washington - USA | Registered: 22 June 2004Report This Post
posted Hide Post
Hi Smellycats,

I went to Alaska for my honeymoon so that place is special to me. I LOVE the cold, because it dries up the oil on my face!!

posted Hide Post
Skinbio,

Thanks for your input.

I do not have sensitive skin (ie, does not itch or get rashes), but I have "reactive" skin, which turns red if I rub or wash too much. So instead of a microdermabrasion cloth, would a salicylic acid pad do the same job? On the one hand, I would like to have good exfoliation (am trying to even out hyperpigmentation) but on the other hand, I don't want to irritate my skin too much which might result in MORE hyperpigmentation. Eeker BUT I'm afraid that if I don't use a slightly more aggressive hand, I would not get any results.

Picture of Dr. Pickart
posted Hide Post
A salicylic acid pad may work better for you. Each person has a very individual skin characteristics. For yourself, a less physical approach than a microdermabrasion cloth may be better

Posts: 7065 | Location: Skin Biology | Registered: 15 September 2004Report This Post