Skin Biology    healthyskin.infopop.cc    SKIN BIOLOGY OFFICIAL CHAT FORUM | Free Skin Consultation 1-800-405-1912  Hop To Forum Categories  Products  Hop To Forums  Skin    CP newbie - question about mixing CP serum with other products!

Moderators: Rosy

Read-Only Read-Only Topic
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools
CP newbie - question about mixing CP serum with other products! Login/Join

posted
I've put off CPs because I keep hearing things like - can't mix with LAA, can't mix with retinoids, can't mix with acids, but I've finally bit the bullet and added CP to my routine. Other than vitamin C, hydroxy acids, retinoids, etc., is there anything else I should be worried about?

I currently want to use CP under a layer of Aminogenesis, which is a serum with a lot of different amino acids. I'm just worried that with so many free amino acids, the "wound healing" effect will kick in and the CP will induce MMI production (bad for dermis). Can somebody confirm this? Frowner Thank you so much all! You are amazing!

Posts: 1 | Location: United States | Registered: 21 August 2015Report This Post
Picture of Skin Biology
posted Hide Post
Dear miaou5:

Thanks for posting your questions!

Actually you can use copper peptides with retinoic acid, they can be mixed with hydroxy acid (we have a number of products wherein Dr. Pickart mixes hydroxy acids right into the formula), and we also have many clients who use copper peptides along with vitamin C and report nothing but good results.

So this will give us the opportunity to clarify a few things.

Understanding the "Generations"
1. You might be confusing 1st Generation Copper Peptides (GHK-Cu) with 2nd Generation Copper Peptides: Both are copper peptides but the 1st generation is a bit fragile and prone to breakdown. You can still use retinoids and hydroxy acids with GHK-Cu, but just at the opposite end of the day.

Hydroxy Acids
2. Copper peptides are very commonly used along with hydroxy acids (typically at the opposite end of the day). Some clients use 2nd generation products back-to-back with their hydroxy acid products and do very well with this method. In fact, many second generation copper peptide products have hydroxy acids ( salicylic acid ) built/mixed right into the formula to aid in the penetration and efficacy of the product.

Examples: Super Cop, Super CP Serum, TriReduction Cream all have salicylic acid mixed right in...

Retinoic Acid
3. How to Use Retinoic acid and Copper Peptides Together: Due to the fragility GHK-Cu, it is best to only use your retinoic acid product at the opposite end of the day of products containing GHK-Copper. But retinoids can be used at the same time as Skin Biology's breakdown resistant second-generation copper peptide products. Here is our recommendation on how to use the two together:

If you are using a copper peptide oil-free serum (or liquid) version: Apply the copper peptide first then your retinoid cream can be applied lightly on top.

If you are using a copper peptide cream: The cream versions of copper-peptides with their fatty molecules may actually block retinoid uptake. So it may be best to first apply your retinoic acid product, then use copper peptides lightly on top.

Vitamin C and Copper Peptides?
4. Biochemically vitamin C and copper should be opposed to one another. So in the past we advised clients who wanted to use topical vitamin C to use their product on alternate days than the copper peptides.

However, in practical application it doesn't seem to be posing as much of a problem as we had once thought. As a result, we have removed this suggestion from our websites and printed material. We have many clients who use copper peptides along with their topical vitamin C products and have reported nothing but great results. We do not have strict rules on this. Some do decide to simply use their vitamin C product at the opposite end of the day or they decide to alternate, as we suggested in years past.

NOTE: Use of high percentage vitamin C + copper peptides together may lead to temporary skin tinting (i.e. orange or red color left on the skin). Be sure to use at the opposite end of the day if your vitamin C topical is of a higher concentration.

Copper Peptides and Amino Acids
5. Dr. Pickart will be sure to comment on your question but within many of his formulations he uses both leucine (an essential amino acid that helps keep skin moisturized) and glycine (the smallest amino acids found in protein and known for its antioxidant properties).

But Dr. Pickart will reply with his thoughts on if a person can have too many free amino acids.

..................................................................................................................................................................

For a FREE Personalized Skin Consultation, email or call us directly at 1-800-405-1912!

Best Wishes,
-Skin Biology

This message has been edited. Last edited by: Skin Biology,

Posts: 4865 | Location: Skin Biology in Bellevue, Washington - USA | Registered: 22 June 2004Report This Post