Find
Notify
Tools
Winter months and face getting dry Login/Join

posted
Any suggestions to remedy the problem?

Posts: 92 | Location: U.S. | Registered: 12 September 2010Report This Post
posted Hide Post
Raine I suffer with the same problem in the winter my skin gets so dry and itchy and my face looks dry and weathered. That is it used to. Now I have on my person at all times, a spritz bottle of rosewater which I get from an Indian market. It moistens and makes your face look very dewy. You will be surprised how your face will slurp that stuff up and thank you by looking pretty. The only moisturizers I use are SB in their products nothing else.

Posts: 237 | Location: Nashua NH | Registered: 07 March 2010Report This Post
Picture of SkinBioTeam
posted Hide Post
Hi Raine,

Patrice is right, many people suffer with dryer skin in the winter months. I have found that applying a bit more Emu Oil for Skin or Squalane help me a lot. Sometimes I carry a small amount in my purse and dab it on the dry areas. A couple of our clients tell me that when they shower, just before getting out when their skin is moist, they apply some of the Calypso's Oil . That way they don't have such dry skin on their arms and legs that they feel and itchy all day.

Also important to remember is drinking water and taking Dr. Pickart's recommended supplements. You may find this link very helpful: Creating Younger Internal Biochemistry with Supplements

Best Wishes
~The SkinBio Team

Posts: 535 | Location: SkinBioOffice | Registered: 23 December 2009Report This Post
posted Hide Post
patrice and the skin bio team, thank you!

I use the exfol serum every night. Do you think I should back off?

I also may try the emu oil as oppose to the lighter oil I am using now. And a question about the oils. Will putting too much actually have the adverse effect and make the skin drier????

This message has been edited. Last edited by: Raine,

Posts: 92 | Location: U.S. | Registered: 12 September 2010Report This Post
Picture of SkinBioTeam
posted Hide Post
Good Morning Raine,

You may need to use the Exfol Cream in the winter months. The serums are formulated for those with oily skin, but you can use them if you moisturize after the 20-30 minute wait time if you need to. Too much oil should not make the skin drier, but it can only absorb so much oil at one time. The Emu Oil may be very helpful during the winter months for you as well.

Keep Smiling
~The SkinBio Team

Posts: 535 | Location: SkinBioOffice | Registered: 23 December 2009Report This Post