Read-Only Read-Only Topic
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools
All oils clog my pores Login/Join

posted
I have tried SB's emu oil, SB's squalane, olive oil and grape seed oil and they ALL clog my pores. I use a very, very small amount and I get these small, white pumps. I am at a total loss.

Posts: 29 | Location: US | Registered: 27 February 2010Report This Post
Picture of Dr. Pickart
posted Hide Post
It appears that your skin is producing a large amount of oil. Exfol Serum works well to keep pores open.

Posts: 7065 | Location: Skin Biology | Registered: 15 September 2004Report This Post
posted Hide Post
Thank you Dr. Pickart. If I use the Exol Serum, can I then use the oils or should I hold off entirely on any oils.

P.s. Happy Thanksgiving!

Posts: 29 | Location: US | Registered: 27 February 2010Report This Post
Picture of Skin Biology
posted Hide Post
Dear G:

It might be best to hold off on the moisturizing oils if you have oily skin with enlarged pores.

Instead of using an oil moisturizer, some clients with oily skin but who also have patches of dryness will use one of our lighter creams such as Protect & Restore Classic or Super GHK Cream very lightly on drier areas.

This is a way to combat dryness without sending too much oil/lipids to the area and ending up with excess sebum that can turn into small white bumps.

Best Wishes,
-Skin Biology

Posts: 4865 | Location: Skin Biology in Bellevue, Washington - USA | Registered: 22 June 2004Report This Post