Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools
Human skintone ... Login/Join

posted
Dear Dr. Pickart :

First , I thank you for your wonderful book , which I am enjoying reading nowadays .

Dr. Pickart , I wonder if it is possible to turn an olive-complexioned person into an alabaster or porcelain-complexioned person , the prevalent desire in the West is to tan while here in the East we love the exact opposite !
Please see this website as well : www.thienna.com

Posts: 1 | Location: UAE | Registered: 18 May 2011Report This Post
Picture of Skin Biology
posted Hide Post
Dear Marlivre:

Dr. Pickart will probably post his thoughts.

But in the 2nd Edition of the book (which we are hard at work on) there will be much more information on the importance of taking care of and appreciating your natural skin color.

The danger in trying to lighten darker skin tones or trying to take it from an "olive complexion" to a more "porcelain complexion" lies in the chemicals used to try to do so.

Products containing bleaching agents, such as hydroquinone, only serve to damage the skin. And high percentage peels when overused or used incorrectly will do the same thing.

So the healthiest thing for those with a beautiful dark complexion is to make sure that the skin has a nice, rich, even skin tone.

Hyperpigmented areas can be successfully evened out by using the tips on our page on Removing Hyperpigmentation for a Flawless Complexion

But trying to completely lighten the skin will be damaging in the long run.

Best Wishes,
-Skin Biology

Posts: 4865 | Location: Skin Biology in Bellevue, Washington - USA | Registered: 22 June 2004Report This Post
posted Hide Post
I know you're looking for professional advice, but I just wanted to chime in and say that your skin tone is probably GORGEOUS--and I hope you'll embrace it, rather than trying to change it to something unnatural.

Posts: 83 | Location: Arizona | Registered: 27 August 2008Report This Post
Picture of Dr. Pickart
posted Hide Post
It is best to keep the skin tone that is naturally yours. All the the bleaching methods have serious drawbacks.

If everyone in your town has a skin tone similar to yours, then use clothes and jewelry to be different and stand out.

Posts: 7065 | Location: Skin Biology | Registered: 15 September 2004Report This Post