Read-Only Read-Only Topic
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools
Help! Skin looks awful... Login/Join

posted
I have been using SB products for about five years and have had terrific results. But over the past two months, my skin has really started breaking out...like it did before I started using the products.

I think I may be using too much stuff. Or the right stuff too inconsistenly.

Can someone suggest a regimin for me? I am 44, oily skin in T-zone, clogged pores a bigger concern than wrinkles at this point.

In my arsenal, I have:
* Super CP serum
* Exfol Cream
* Tri-Reduction cream
* Retin-A.

I also have squalene oil and emu oil.

For cleaners, I have a glycolic acid wash, a drugstore wash with salycitic acid, and a tea tea oil bar.

If SB fine folks can provide a suggestion re: regimin -- what to use, what to back off from -- from the stuff I have, I would be so thankful.

This message has been edited. Last edited by: SkinBiologyWebmaster,

Posts: 7 | Location: USA | Registered: 20 September 2007Report This Post
posted Hide Post
Interesting read as I recently questioned why after several years of using only SB I am experiencing a breakout of milia and pinprick pimples especially on my forehead and nasal area. My regimen has been Lacsal 10 at night after a wash with SB cleansing bar; A.M. skin signals, tri-reduc and day cover. That's it!

I've recently purchased a timepeel microdermabrasion machine from NCNskincare as I was getting nowhere with the solving of my problem even using my clarisonic which is always washed well after each use. The timepeel has wiped out the milia and my skin is returning to normal.

Posts: 237 | Location: Nashua NH | Registered: 07 March 2010Report This Post
Picture of Skin Biology
posted Hide Post
Dear HappySkin:

Thank you for posting your question - Yes, many times it is a matter of slightly tweaking or adjusting the products you are using (or using lighter or even diluted applications).

Since everyone's skin is different it can be difficult to narrow it down to what will work better for you for controlling the break outs.

But here is a suggestion: It might be best to limit your use of creams and stick with oil-free formulations.

So instead of Exfol Cream a better oil-free option would be Exfol Serum (2% hydroxy acid) or LacSal Serum (10%).

The same with TriReduction Cream. TriRed contains retinyl palmitate, a fantastic moisturizing ingredient, but also an ingredient that can increase breakouts in combination-to-oily skin types. So instead of TriReduction Cream, use Super CP Serum which is an oil-free formulation. And perhaps even diluting your Super CP Serum may help as well.

Along that same line of thought, making sure that you are not using too many products layered one on top of another may help.

Try to simplify your regimen, perhaps just using an oil-free hydroxy acid in the evening.

Most times a simple regimen allows your skin to breathe, does not clog pores, gives the best results.

Best Wishes,
-Skin Biology

Posts: 4865 | Location: Skin Biology in Bellevue, Washington - USA | Registered: 22 June 2004Report This Post
posted Hide Post
Do copper peptides increase breakouts because they affect skin shedding/turnover much like retin a and other retiniods?

I stopped using them because I thought they broke me out. My skin texture went down the drain. I finally got my skin back to smooth however I started with cp's again twice a week to improve the appearance of the blemishes i have and low and behold i have breakouts on the one side of my face again...

I exfoliate regularly take MSM and vitamin C like you say and have noticed a great improvement in the appearance of my scaring. However why is is new breakouts is the cost of this treatment?

I have to go to the Doc tomorrow to get a prescription, again, to get this under control. I was using differin months ago but i stopped and tried to use AHA's and BHA's to manage my skin.

Guess not...

This message has been edited. Last edited by: Skin Biology,

Posts: 8 | Location: USA | Registered: 04 February 2012Report This Post
Picture of Dr. Pickart
posted Hide Post
Where are you buying the products? You are not in our records.

If you have oily or breakout prone skin, then stick to lightly using the copper peptide serums.

The CPs will tend to make your skin act more like younger skin. But younger skin also has more oil and this can increase breakouts.

Posts: 7065 | Location: Skin Biology | Registered: 15 September 2004Report This Post
posted Hide Post
I ordered from shimmerskin care awhile back as you guys do not accept paypal as way to pay.

So your saying that the copper peptides tend to increase oil production which leads to skin cells to stick together and clog pores etc etc?

I do not have oily skin. I'm actually just normal. I would say i have or can have slightly combination skin skin where my cheeks are dry but my but forehead and chin are fine and also clear and hardly break out where as my cheeks... different story.

posted Hide Post
quote:
So your saying that the copper peptides tend to increase oil production which leads to skin cells to stick together and clog pores etc etc?

I'll let SB answer but I think basically CP's make the Skin Healthy.

If one has dry skin they seem to have more Oil production. While many like myself and spouse, who tend toward oily skin, have far less breakouts. She used BP's for years and now has no need for it.

Some though do seem to have more breakouts if they use strong serums or creams. Especially early on.

Posts: 2118 | Location: Indiana | Registered: 06 February 2010Report This Post
Picture of Skin Biology
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Ketchup:

Dear Ketchup:

Dr. Pickart has said before that copper peptides can make skin act more like younger skin, which is more oily so breakouts may occur.

See: https://healthyskin.infopop.cc/...=653102534#653102534
https://healthyskin.infopop.cc/...=834105213#834105213
https://healthyskin.infopop.cc/...=894100454#894100454

This seems to occur more often (as Max said) for those who are just starting to figure out the best regimen for their individual skin type.

This isn't the case with everyone though. Others have used copper-peptide serums and notice a balancing out of excessive oil production and a decrease in breakouts.

The solution is to use very light applications, start with a mild product, and perhaps dilute the product or use every other day as your skin acclimates to the strong rejuvenating signal triggered by use of copper peptides.

For clients with combination skin type who may be noticing more impurities being pushed up to the fore, we suggest sticking with our oil-free serum/liquid formulations of the products. And use everything lightly.

Best Wishes,
-Skin Biology

This message has been edited. Last edited by: SkinBiologyWebmaster,

Posts: 4865 | Location: Skin Biology in Bellevue, Washington - USA | Registered: 22 June 2004Report This Post
posted Hide Post
Well thank you for all the info and sorry to hi-jack the thread.

I have seen an improvement in my skin texture and softness as i keep using exfoliating products. I think i will use cp's 1-2times a week. I can tell my skin goes through a "phase" with these and it takes a couple days for my skin to go back to normal. It seeems after application for about 1-3 days my skin becomes "looser" ( i think this is when i get a chance to breakout) and after that my skin becomes tighter and my cheeks feel fuller, plump by the 4-5 day.

I will spot treat instead of using an all over application though it is tempting because ive never really had expression lines or big apple cheeks.

posted Hide Post
There is nothing wrong with using these products, but the basic idea of a healthy skin is to eat less oily food as much as possible, drink a lot of water and wash your face with normal water whenever, it gets oily. Start consuming fruits that have fiber like orange or watermelon. Sorry, but no idea how to stop wrinkles, but if you follow all of these, wrinkles will be less. I hope this helps.

This message has been edited. Last edited by: Skin Biology,

Posts: 3 | Location: Jaipur | Registered: 03 April 2012Report This Post