Read-Only Read-Only Topic
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools
need help with beginner routine Login/Join

posted
I just received my order of Exfol Serum and CP serum...could use a little guidance on how best to start using my product....I used CPs about 10 years ago...seemed to remember it agreed with my skin.

I am currently using a homemade Vitamin C serum (10%)...and CeraVe SA to moisturize, cleanse with raw honey in the am...I recently had several deep scars excised...about a 50% improvement with overall texture and appearance, but am left with some new, tho smaller scars...I am also mid 50's and beginning to experience some fine lines and slight sagging of the skin (not many deep wrinkles, tho)...I also suspect that years of retinoids gave me a bit of enlarged pores and slight orange peel texture.

So, I am the thinking to continue my Vitamin C in the morning...alternate evening with Exfol and CPs...does that sound like a good starting point?

This message has been edited. Last edited by: SkinBiologyWebmaster,

Posts: 3 | Location: Colorado | Registered: 10 April 2015Report This Post
Picture of Skin Biology
posted Hide Post
Dear anad8:

Thanks for your order! Here are some tips on how to get the best use out of your products:

Remember, the key to youthful skin with an improved healthy appearance is the use of a good method of exfoliation (with hydroxy acid and/or manual abrasion) + copper peptides to help initiate strong skin rejuvenation. Keep in mind that consistency and patience are vital.

We would recommend carefully reviewing the following links on copper-peptides:
Evening Out Skin Tone & Fading Blemishes - What Really Works?
Tips on How to Use Copper-Peptides Properly

Here is a suggestion on how you can optimize your use of the products:

AM Use:
AM - After cleansing the skin, apply a light amount of Regular CP Serum (which contains a gentle but effective concentration of copper peptides that can be used very lightly once or twice a day). Application should be so light that it just barely covers the face without leaving it excessively wet or damp. Be careful with using around the eye area, or if you have sensitive skin. If you have sensitive skin: Take 1-2 drops in the palm of your hand, add 2-3 drops of water and then apply to the area.

Tip! You might want to try alternating use of CP Serum with your Vitamin C Serum* (see below).

PM Use:
PM - In the evening, use a light amount of Exfol Serum (an effective 2% hydroxy acid leave-on exfoliator). Leave-on hydroxy acids work to slowly exfoliate the skin and heighten skin cell turnover rate. Wait about 20-30 minutes before you apply anything on top.

..............................................................................................................................................................

• Vitamin C and Copper Peptides:
Can Copper Peptides and Vitamin C Topicals Be Used Together?

Answer: Yes. You can use nearly any other product on top of the copper-peptides. But biochemically vitamin C and copper should be opposed to one another, with the copper canceling out the effects of the vitamin C.

In the past we advised clients to use their vitamin C products on alternate days than the copper-peptides. However, in practical application it doesn't seem to be posing as much of a problem as we had once thought. As a result, we have removed this suggestion from our websites and printed material.

We do have many clients who use copper-peptides along with their topical vitamin C products and have reported nothing but great results. It should be fine to use the two together.

NOTE: Use of high percentage vitamin C + copper peptides together may lead to temporary skin tinting (i.e. orange or red color left on the skin). Be sure to use at the opposite end of the day if your vitamin C topical is of a higher concentration.

..............................................................................................................................................................

For further information see: Tips on How to Use SRCPs Properly or call us at 1-800-405-1912 for quick, personalized assistance.

Best Wishes,
-Skin Biology

Posts: 4865 | Location: Skin Biology in Bellevue, Washington - USA | Registered: 22 June 2004Report This Post
posted Hide Post
Thank you!

OK, I know its rather early, but the morning after my second CP application, my husband, unprompted, told me my skin looked fantastic...He has no idea I am using the SB products.

I think I also need to order Super cop to spot treat some of my scars...but, I will give this routine some time.

This message has been edited. Last edited by: anad8,

Picture of Skin Biology
posted Hide Post
Dear anad8:

That is fantastic! And what about yourself, do you notice a little bit of a change in the texture (feel / glow) of your skin? Many comment on this within days or weeks of use. But it seems that you are off to a great start!

Don't worry about adding Super Cop as a spot treatment / This can be easily done later (you can ask for it as a free sample in with your next purchase) or the 1oz size can last for months and is reasonably priced.

In the meantime, you'll find that the CP Serum will get you started on the road to great results.

Best Wishes,
-Skin Biology

Posts: 4865 | Location: Skin Biology in Bellevue, Washington - USA | Registered: 22 June 2004Report This Post
posted Hide Post
This morning, after the 3rd application of CP last night, my skin looked and felt a bit smoother...As I was putting my makeup on, I noticed my foundation wasn't sitting in my pores...because...my pores appeared smaller...I met a friend for lunch and she told me my skin looked luminous.

I know...seems a bit soon to see change, but I do!

This message has been edited. Last edited by: Skin Biology,