Read-Only Read-Only Topic
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools
LacSal uncovering damage Login/Join

posted
I've been using LacSal cream for a little over a month. My skin is looking great, my major problems left are around my mouth, mostly just lines, etc, but I have noticed, some lines/wrinkles on the left side of my face probably due to that being the side I sleep on, aren't getting worse, it's like they're getting closer to the surface, if that makes sense.

Then about a week ago, two new wrinkles appear just to the side of them closer to my mouth. Just out of nowhere.

So I assume the skin that covered up that damage has been removed, and the damaged skin is now at the surface.

And hopefully if I keep up my regimen, that damage, along with the other lines, will eventually be exfoliated away and I'll have fresh new skin.

Didn't really have a question, just wanted to post this progress report, if it helps anyone.

The skin on my neck goes thru phases where it tightens up, then appears loose again, not as much as before, but it goes back and forth. I'm using the Skin Solutions cream sample on my neck, and then applying Super Cop over it, since the skin isn't in bad shape, it's just a little loose.

If anyone has any suggestions or questions, let me know.

Posts: 93 | Location: Indianapolis | Registered: 17 December 2004Report This Post
posted Hide Post
Linda:
Isn't supercop kind of strong for the neck area? I have never used anything stronger than trireduction on my neck?

How long have you been using supercop on your neck?

Posts: 665 | Location: new york | Registered: 28 June 2007Report This Post
Picture of Skin Biology
posted Hide Post
Dear Linda:

Thank you for posting your update - Yes, many times skin rejuvenating is literally a back-and-forth balance of triggering faster skin repair which can push to the fore damage and then exfoliating or dissolving that damage with a good method of abrasion.

Depending on the sensitivity and thickness of the skin area (for example, the area around the eye and the neck skin are quite thin and can be more sensitive) different areas may require different treatments.

Knowing the signs of overuse (outlined on our Tips Page) will be very important. Sometimes overuse can manifest itself by a loosening. So you may want to use just one product, or a much milder product as nicekitty said, on the neck skin and take periodic breaks.

We're glad you checked in with us. You should see some great tightening up and decrease of buried skin damage in good time.

Best Wishes,
-Skin Biology

This message has been edited. Last edited by: SkinBiologyWebmaster,

Posts: 4865 | Location: Skin Biology in Bellevue, Washington - USA | Registered: 22 June 2004Report This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
So I assume the skin that covered up that damage has been removed, and the damaged skin is now at the surface.

Linda I had the exact same experience concerning new lines on the chin. Barely visible then like a Submarine they just gradually surfaced. Probably like any type scar where they are covered by healthy tissue. i.e partially buried.

FWIW I had some scar damage surface on the neck and I'm using Super Cop 1X applied to the whole area to work on the scars. But if I wasn't working on Scars I would just go totally with Skin Signals.

Posts: 2118 | Location: Indiana | Registered: 06 February 2010Report This Post
posted Hide Post
Thanks for all the feedback!! Greatly appreciated.

Actually I've been using SuperCop on my face & neck for a couple years. The loose skin on my neck is SO much better than it used to be, it's improved a lot over the last few years, so I think that it is now just the back & forth, especially since in the last month or so I just added the LacSal. I never really exfoliated that much before, and now I know I was really missing an important step in the process.

My skin is pretty thick now, so I thought maybe I'd try SS cream for a while on the neck, since I've been reading here that it's really good for tightening, and then use the super cop around my chin and lower jaw where those lines are.

Something else I've noticed, and this could also be attributed to losing 15 lbs, and doing Flex Effect, is that my face seems to be getting back to the heart shape it was when I was younger. More fullness in the mid to upper cheek area, less of a flat look.

I've completely changed my diet over the last few years, and take supplements. I don't see the dark circles around my under eye area, I don't get the bloated look I used to, due to elimating dairy and sugar.

This is just me. Some of my friends think I'm obsessing about it. I'm not. I just won't eat foods that aren't good for me.

I know what foods make me look and feel bad, why include them in my diet.

Again, thanks for all the suggestions!

Posts: 93 | Location: Indianapolis | Registered: 17 December 2004Report This Post