Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools
Racoon Eyes Login/Join

Picture of SUchieftan
posted
I have been using SuperCop around eye orbitals for well over a year now, with emphasis under the eye to address dark circles that are mainly due to a lack of fat to plump up the skin. Nothing has changed and the dark circles are still prominent year round. I stopped using SuperCop for a week and started up again last night. I lightly smeared the cream on my skin below the eye and then a minute later placed Pickart's emu oil. It stung a bit as before when I've tapered off the SuperCop and then restarted it in the past. Mind you, I've been fairly consistent with applying SuperCop around my eyes and my skin must be desensitized because it doesn't sting if I apply it regularly (every day). Well, let me tell you, I woke up this morning to racoon eyes. My undereye skin was completely irritated. The skin was puffy and the darkness was more pronounced. My best guess is the SuperCop irritated the skin and the blood vessels became engorged. Anyhow, I had to take the rest of the week off from work because I seriously looked as if I was in some bar fight and knew it would be a serious distraction at work.

Posts: 52 | Location: Seattle | Registered: 23 January 2012Report This Post
Picture of Dr. Pickart
posted Hide Post
Super Cop is not designed for the skin around the eyes although some people do use it with success for this. This skin is very thin and is easy to irritate.

The mild Night Eyes creams are the best for use around the eyes.

Posts: 7065 | Location: Skin Biology | Registered: 15 September 2004Report This Post
Picture of SUchieftan
posted Hide Post
With regard to copper peptide, I don't see any benefit using it to address the dark circles. I've been using the SuperCop for 3 years on a small scar I inherited from a chemical burn with no scar remodeling success. Tried using a derma-roller, salycilic acid (Cerate Skin Cream) and the flat white scar is still visible. Does anyone here have any suggestions or tips? Copper is not working for me and I can't understand why? From all that I've read here and all the scientific studies on Copper being sold as gospel I'm just at a loss. Are some people just not good responders to copper?

Posts: 52 | Location: Seattle | Registered: 23 January 2012Report This Post
Picture of Dr. Pickart
posted Hide Post
Burn scars often become hard and resistant to removal.

To break up the scar tissue, you might try a strong hydroxy acid (30 to 40%) and/or a microdermabrasion cloth. Something will happen to the scar, but the goal is to then rebuild the skin and not end up with hole in your skin.

Posts: 7065 | Location: Skin Biology | Registered: 15 September 2004Report This Post