Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools
Residual Effect of CPs Login/Join

posted
Hi Everyone,

Can someone tell me if CPs have a residual effect in the skin even after washing it off?

As I have oily skin and I live in a very hot and humid climate, I sometimes feel like washing my face with soap in the afternoon, but am afraid to do so in case I "waste" the CP Serum which I apply in the morning.

Is it too much to reapply after an afternoon wash?

Another thing - if I experience irritation like redness and slight burning, is that from CPs or more likely from acids?

Posts: 35 | Location: Singapore | Registered: 08 July 2012Report This Post
posted Hide Post
Hello? Does anybody know the answer??

Posts: 35 | Location: Singapore | Registered: 08 July 2012Report This Post
Picture of Skin Biology
posted Hide Post
Dear Bad Bird:

Actually someone else had a similar question - Basically asking what would be the least amount of time to leave the product on the skin.

See: Dr. Pickart's answer at https://healthyskin.infopop.cc/...970053885#1970053885

He says, "They should be on about two hours. There are some studies that will be published in about a year on copper uptake into the skin from CPs. Normally charged molecules like copper 2+ have great difficultly penetrating the skin barrier. But the copper peptides can effectively transfer an significant amount of copper into the skin in a few hours."

So the least amount of time left on ideally is 2 hours...

How long do copper-peptides remain active once penetrated into the skin, even after washing off? See our answer at: https://healthyskin.infopop.cc/...?r=75210229#75210229

In summary, if at all possible try to leave the product on. Do not wash off. If you have to wash due to activity or climate, try to have the products on for at least 2 hours before washing off. You will still benefit.

.........................................................................................................................................

Re: Irritation

If you are experiencing slight irritation it depends on what strength of acids you are using. Our hydroxy acid exfoliators are quite mild and should not have a strong sensation unless the individual has very sensitive skin.

If you need to make the copper-peptide product milder be sure to closely review our Tips Page - How to Moderate Strength if a product is too strong at http://reverseskinaging.com/tips.html#decrease

Remember to use all products extremely lightly. A proper application should just barely cover the intended area. Dilute serums with a bit of water if it seems too strong. Or use the product just once or twice a week until your skin becomes more accustomed to it.

Contact us at 1-800-405-1912 or email: customerservice@skinbiology.com

Best Wishes,
-Skin Biology

Posts: 4865 | Location: Skin Biology in Bellevue, Washington - USA | Registered: 22 June 2004Report This Post