Skin Biology    healthyskin.infopop.cc    SKIN BIOLOGY OFFICIAL CHAT FORUM | Free Skin Consultation 1-800-405-1912  Hop To Forum Categories  Products  Hop To Forums  Skin    Spring 2012 has finally arrived - Revamped Skin Care Regimen

Moderators: Rosy

Read-Only Read-Only Topic
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools
Spring 2012 has finally arrived - Revamped Skin Care Regimen Login/Join

Picture of SUchieftan
posted
I live in dreary town Seattle and no, we haven't been receiving a warmer than usual and earlier start to the season as most of the country has experienced. Although today is overcast and sunny, this weather phenomenon hasn't been the norm for us here the past several months. Living in the Pacific Northwest, you really learn to appreciate the sun when it makes a rare extended appearance. I don't believe in using sunscreens unless I'm planning to be under the glow dome for an extended period of time. As for my new skin regimen, I'm planning to go all natural and reduce my use of creams concocted in labs and sensationalized the world over for its newest discovered compound. A few years ago, coffee berry was all the rage and now stem cells with products from Revive and others seem to be the elixer to attain the fountain of youth.

The following paragraph will highlight what I have been using and will be literally my head to toe moisturizer going forward.

Powdered green tea purchased from a reputable tea shop in the International District (China Town) in Seattle mixed with Extra Virgin Coconut Oil from Trader Joes, Whole Foods, or PCC Market. This has been my moisturizer base through the mild winter we've experienced here in Seattle. I plan to continue to use this simple concoction into summer. Anecdotal report, but my body skin in the morning feels velvety baby smooth and my hair can only be described as being Mexican and or Polynesian luxuriantly thick and extremely manageable.

This message has been edited. Last edited by: SUchieftan,

Posts: 52 | Location: Seattle | Registered: 23 January 2012Report This Post
Picture of SUchieftan
posted Hide Post
Someone please send the weather gods a message that it's Spring in Seattle. We did manage to break into the low 60's for the first time in months on Monday so to celebrate, I took a long walk around Lake Washington to bask in the mild filtered sunshine. The days here in the PNW are getting a bit longer but still too early to begin packing away the winter clothing. I'm still using my coconut oil and green tea skin care cocktail on face and body. In addition, I have added Retin-A 0.1% to face on Mon/Wed/Fri and apply Sup Cop 2x on Tues/Thurs/Sat. Sun is a day of rest so skin may get a chance to relax and breathe. I'll be scheduling my next TCA facial peel in about 2 weeks.

This message has been edited. Last edited by: SUchieftan,

Posts: 52 | Location: Seattle | Registered: 23 January 2012Report This Post
Picture of WhatWhat
posted Hide Post
I have been trying to get the weather gods to stop forcing summer on me here...I don't know if you drink coffee, but have you tried coconut oil in coffee? DELICIOUS!

Posts: 17 | Location: Floriduh | Registered: 10 March 2012Report This Post
posted Hide Post
I love coffee whatwhat..how do you prepare it as I would expect it would look greasy. So please share your recipe. thanks

Posts: 237 | Location: Nashua NH | Registered: 07 March 2010Report This Post
Picture of WhatWhat
posted Hide Post
I make regular coffee (grind beans, press, cream, sugar) then add to tablespoons of coconut oil. It is a bit greasy but it tastes SO good Smiler

Posts: 17 | Location: Floriduh | Registered: 10 March 2012Report This Post
posted Hide Post
Will definitely give it a try right now!!

Posts: 237 | Location: Nashua NH | Registered: 07 March 2010Report This Post