Read-Only Read-Only Topic
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools
White bumps and bp Login/Join

posted
Cany anyone help? I am one of the victims of using BP and have tried to start clearing the white bumps below the surface. I have been going at it for almost 10 months and am while I know I have gotten rid of some, my skin looks worse than ever before. I am so depressed and don't want to go anywhere. HOw many little monsters are down there? Do I try and pull at them or are they going to exfoliate off, eventually? I wish I had never begun this as I feel I have made everything worse!

Posts: 2 | Location: Colorado | Registered: 19 April 2011Report This Post
posted Hide Post
I'm surprised no one has addressed this question>

Skin biology what would you suggest for possible tx for this type of problem. One of my clients has the same problem, saying these milia are forming in clusters.

Posts: 237 | Location: Nashua NH | Registered: 07 March 2010Report This Post
Picture of Skin Biology
posted Hide Post
Dear 10krunner:

To better assist you we would like to find out what product(s) have you been using along with what method(s) of exfoliation?

If this is milia - See Dr. Pickart's comments at: https://healthyskin.infopop.cc/...=752105841#752105841

The general key seems to be that a consistent approach using typically a stronger copper-peptide (such as Super CP Serum or Super Cop Cream) and a method of abrasion that is effective but not excessively strong so that you are not potentially causing further damage by being too aggressive with the method of abrasion.

But if you could reply also with your skin type we can perhaps get a better handle on what to recommend since you are saying that there are a number of white bumps down in the skin and things are looking worse.

Best Wishes,
-Skin Biology

Posts: 4865 | Location: Skin Biology in Bellevue, Washington - USA | Registered: 22 June 2004Report This Post
posted Hide Post
If its BP damage then PM Stoney.

If its simply milia those can be removed by some estheticians. After my second Dermabrasion I had hundreds of Milia develop. My surgeon recommended someone and took about 3 or 4 sessions but they were all removed with a special instrument and never grew back. May have to call around to find someone but its not a big problem.

Posts: 2118 | Location: Indiana | Registered: 06 February 2010Report This Post
posted Hide Post
I read Dr. Pickarts post. Its may have been a Cosmetologist. Its one or the other Smiler

Posts: 2118 | Location: Indiana | Registered: 06 February 2010Report This Post
posted Hide Post
I have purchased several of your products. Right now I am just using the Exfol cream and have stopped with the CP products because I thought maybe I was being too aggressive. I do use the Emu oil which seems to help with the redness and inflamation.

I do feel like several fibers or bumps or whatever you want to call it have been removed, but it just seems like there are HUNDREDS more. I don't know how they should be removed. Should they get soft and then should I be able to exfoliate them? some of the bumps seem to be harder and based upon some of the posts I have read, it seems like I am supposed to go in and try and get them. Is that right?

I did have occasional breakouts when I was young but never had a lot! I did use BP in my early teens and then early 30's as I did have a few cystic pimples and I did start noticing siight bumps, which I thought was blemishes but probably was just the bp bumps, right? So I guess I made more bumps.

How often should I use the exfoliation cream?

This message has been edited. Last edited by: SkinBiologyWebmaster,

Posts: 2 | Location: Colorado | Registered: 19 April 2011Report This Post
Picture of Skin Biology
posted Hide Post
Dear 10krunner:

Our Exfol Cream is a 2% salicylic acid that is a leave-on exfoliator.

Apply after cleansing the skin. This product can be used every single day very lightly.

Best Wishes,
-Skin Biology

Posts: 4865 | Location: Skin Biology in Bellevue, Washington - USA | Registered: 22 June 2004Report This Post