Read-Only Read-Only Topic
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools
Alba Botanica Cleansers Login/Join

posted
Can I get some opinions on Alba Botanica Cleansers please?

Sea Mineral Cleansing Gel
http://dev.albabotanica.com/?id=53&pid=366

Coconut Facial Wash
http://dev.albabotanica.com/?id=53&pid=168

Pineapple Enzyme Cleanser
http://dev.albabotanica.com/?id=53&pid=171

Ingredients are listed to the right. Are any of these good (or bad) to use?

Thanks! Smiler

Posts: 98 | Location: Illinois | Registered: 14 July 2004Report This Post
posted Hide Post
I have used the pineapple enzyme cleanser and the coconut cleanser. They were nothing special. In fact, I developed a sensitivity to the pineapple cleanser after a few weeks.

I have used other alba products and I had more allergic-type reactions to them than to drugstore products. Many people are allergic to the plant ingredients in natural products, just as many people are allergic to edible and inedible plants. All those extra ingredients make people believe they are getting a superior product, but they are not. "Natural" does not mean better or harmless.

If you try any of them, buy a small size.
Have you tried Dr Pickart cleanser?
Many people here like it.

Posts: 665 | Location: new york | Registered: 28 June 2007Report This Post
posted Hide Post
Thanks for the reply nicekitty. I've used and like the Skin Bio cleanser and plan on ordering it asap. Unfortunately an unexpected financial expense will be delaying my next Skin Bio order by about 6 weeks and I'm out of products now. So I'm just looking for a good drugstore alternative until I can get my order placed. Smiler

I'm trying to find something gentle with a low ph, or least avoid any "harmful" ingredients.

I kinda freak out when I have to switch from my regular Skin Bio products to something else, even if it's short term. But finances dictate a delay in ordering right now.

Fortunately I have enough CP's to last til my next order but I have to stretch those too. I'm running low on all my Skin Bio products and have to wait until about late April-May to place my order.

Picture of Rossana
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by RedHot1:
I'm trying to find something gentle with a low ph, or least avoid any "harmful" ingredients.

You can try Olay gentle foaming face wash for sensitive skin, which is 100% soap free 100% fragrance free and 100% dye free. It cleans well, it is very gentle (make sure you get the one for sensitive skin as the normal one has fragrance). I tested the ph with ph strips and it is 7.
It costs usually about 4$ for 7 fl oz. You can find in most stores, even at walmart.

Life is too short to remove USB safely!

Posts: 474 | Location: Eden Prairie (MN) | Registered: 07 February 2010Report This Post
Picture of Dr. Pickart
posted Hide Post
Many of the botanical cleansers have the same problem with the development of allergies with time.

Plants have evolved many defenses to avoid being eaten by animals.

Posts: 7065 | Location: Skin Biology | Registered: 15 September 2004Report This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
You can try Olay gentle foaming face wash for sensitive skin, which is 100% soap free 100% fragrance free and 100% dye free.

I agree with Rosanna that this is a very good cleanser.

Also, Dove unscented cleansing bar is a surprisingly good cleanser for both face and body. It also has a pH around 7.

Posts: 665 | Location: new york | Registered: 28 June 2007Report This Post
Picture of Rossana
posted Hide Post
You're right Nicekitty, I use that too daily in the shower (the one for sensitive skin in the pale green box.. I think there is another unscented version, not for sensitive skin, in a blue box but I have not tried that). Its ph is exactly 7 and its very affordable too. I have not tried any other Dove bars but that one is just perfect Smiler

Life is too short to remove USB safely!

Posts: 474 | Location: Eden Prairie (MN) | Registered: 07 February 2010Report This Post
posted Hide Post
Thanks for the replies everyone. I'll try the Olay until I can place my Skin Bio order. Smiler