Read-Only Read-Only Topic
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools
Toasted skin syndrome Login/Join

posted
I own a little shop that gets very cold in the winter months so I sit beside a space heater almost everyday during the winter. I now have this web looking dark discoloration on the side of my leg (where the heat hits)that wont go away and it has been MONTHS since any heat exposure. I have done some online research and found it to be "toasted skin syndrome". Do you have any products that will help the discoloration disappear. My leg looks horrible ;(

Posts: 10 | Location: Sacramento | Registered: 03 June 2008Report This Post
posted Hide Post
Wow! I've never heard of that "toasted skin syndrome"...I'm sure CPs would help that since they'll help you turnover some new skin. Hopefully SB will chime in here.

Posts: 83 | Location: Arizona | Registered: 27 August 2008Report This Post
posted Hide Post
I know...it sounds very wierd but its very real. There is a clinical term but I dont know it off hand. Anyway its due to lengthy exposure to heat...common with chronic pain patients who use heating pads etc...I didnt realize what I was doing to myself with that space heater and my leg looks awful in these summer months. I really hope CP's may help....Hope to hear from Sb too

Posts: 10 | Location: Sacramento | Registered: 03 June 2008Report This Post
posted Hide Post
Cali the cells from TSS look almost identical to those from long term sun damage. So your probably going to treat it like any other sun related damage and given time SB should help.

Trireduction would be a good place to start since you are dealing with skin on the legs.

Here is a word search for Sun Damage: https://healthyskin.infopop.cc/...&reqWords=sun+damage

Posts: 2118 | Location: Indiana | Registered: 06 February 2010Report This Post
Picture of Skin Biology
posted Hide Post
Dear Caligirl:

Thanks for posting - Whether it is hyperpigmentation (where the skin is pushing out too much melanin and the area has become darker) or hypopigmentation (where the skin is pushing out too little melanin and the area has become lighter), copper-peptides can be of help for improving the skin's appearance.

See the following pages of our website:
www.reverseskinaging.com/hyperpigmentation.html
www.reverseskinaging.com/sundamage.html

The key to helping the skin in this area lies in using an effective method of exfoliation (hydroxy acids and/or manual abrasion) + SRCPs to help initiate skin rejuvenation. Keep in mind that consistency and patience are vital.

Here is a suggestion on how you can start using the products:

AM Use:
AM - After cleansing the skin, apply a light amount of TriReduction Cream (which contains a strong concentration of SRCPs that can be used very lightly once or twice a day).

PM Use:
PM - After cleansing the area, lightly apply Lactic Power 10 (a 10% hydroxy acid chemical exfoliant that helps to exfoliate dead skin cells). Wait about 20-30 minutes before you apply anything on top.

For spot treating specific areas of hyperpigmentation or damage: Use Super Cop 2X - Extra Strength as a spot treatment once or twice a day. Use very lightly. Not for use around the eye area. You can add a sample of this product free with any purchase over $50 - Click here for more information.

• Investing in a microdermabrasion cloth or skin scrub to effectively increase the skin cell turnover rate has helped many of our clients to see even better results from the SRCPs work on the skin. Remember to use all methods of exfoliation in a gentle way so as not to cause excessive irritation.

Best Wishes,
-Skin Biology

This message has been edited. Last edited by: Skin Biology,

Posts: 4865 | Location: Skin Biology in Bellevue, Washington - USA | Registered: 22 June 2004Report This Post
posted Hide Post
I have the EXACT same thing, on my legs for MONTHS from a space heater! I HATE IT! I USE TO LOVE MY LEGS! =( Did you ever find any solutions? Mad

Posts: 1 | Location: Texas | Registered: 05 August 2011Report This Post