Skin Biology    healthyskin.infopop.cc    SKIN BIOLOGY OFFICIAL CHAT FORUM | Free Skin Consultation 1-800-405-1912  Hop To Forum Categories  Products  Hop To Forums  Skin    Difference between vitiligo and post inflammatory hypopigmentation

Moderators: Rosy

Read-Only Read-Only Topic
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools
Difference between vitiligo and post inflammatory hypopigmentation Login/Join

posted
Ive had these lighter patches on my face since my bad break out and accutane and I was just worried that it might be vitiligo..but I have no idea how to tell Between that and post inflammatory hypopigmentation.

So I was hoping people can chime in on some subtle differences between the two or any tricks to tell the difference.

The only thing I can think of is /i would think that if it was vitilgo wouldn't the hairs be growing in gray or white? Because on mine they are still growing in brown...

Thanks

This message has been edited. Last edited by: SkinBiologyWebmaster,

Posts: 116 | Location: House | Registered: 03 June 2010Report This Post
Picture of Skin Biology
posted Hide Post
Dear Da52391:

It is best to consult a dermatologist or your physician for those types of questions.

They can physically take a look at your skin and will be better prepared to accurately give you a diagnosis and let you know what is truly going on with your skin. That would be the best thing to do.

General information on vitiligo (a skin condition resulting in irregular white patches on the skin) and post inflammatory hypopigmentation (light spots or white spots that are left after clogged pores) can be found online.

But a doctor will be the one to tell you what you have.

Best Wishes,
-Skin Biology

This message has been edited. Last edited by: SkinBiologyWebmaster,

Posts: 4865 | Location: Skin Biology in Bellevue, Washington - USA | Registered: 22 June 2004Report This Post
posted Hide Post
Thanks for the response.

I think it isn't anything too serious cause after accutane I had big white patches all over my arms and I thought that was vitiligo but a year later they all almost completely faded so I'm hoping because my facial skin was thinner to begin with..that it's just taking longer to normalize

Posts: 116 | Location: House | Registered: 03 June 2010Report This Post
Picture of Dr. Pickart
posted Hide Post
Skin can get locked in abnormal states of differentiation such as calluses or hypopigementated. Slowly the normal skin will replace this altered skin.

Brown hair color in the patches is a good sign. It means the follicles are in relatively good shape.

Posts: 7065 | Location: Skin Biology | Registered: 15 September 2004Report This Post