Read-Only Read-Only Topic
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools
How to thicken skin with CPs Login/Join

posted
I have been using the CP serum to start out with, but I was looking for something stronger to help thicken my damaged skin from microdermabrasions. (My skin was overly worked and really thinned it out in certain areas to the point where I now have what looks like dents in my skin.) Skin signals cream was recommended to me since my skin is on the dryer side - although it used to be very oily. However, I was wondering if the super cop or super cop 2X would also be good to use as a spot treatment on these "dents"? Lastly, I got a sample size of the PR cream with high retinol to try since I heard that retinol can help to thicken the skin. Is this true? Thanks!

Posts: 3 | Location: Reading, PA | Registered: 06 January 2015Report This Post
Picture of Skin Biology
posted Hide Post
Dear figrsk8er:

Thanks for posting your question - Welcome to the forum!

It would be a good idea to start with Skin Signals Cream as your overall treatment. With its three different peptides (including enzymatically hydrolyzed elastin and collagen) this product is exceptional as far as firming is concerned. You can alternate with a light application of your sample product: Protect & Restore with High Retinol.

Retinol (or retinyl palmitate) is a combination of retinol (pure vitamin A) and palmitic acid. Because pure retinol is unstable, the ester forms of vitamin A are used. Retinol is added to moisturizers or oils and serves as an effective lipid replenishing agent.

Spot treating indented areas with Super Cop 2X may be particularly helpful. And since you would be just using it as a light spot treatment (not all over), you should be fine as far as avoiding irritation.

Remember: Less is More | Slow is Better - Your skin will start to respond as you rest from the over-exfoliation that caused the thinning.

Best Wishes,
-Skin Biology

Posts: 4865 | Location: Skin Biology in Bellevue, Washington - USA | Registered: 22 June 2004Report This Post
posted Hide Post
Thank you for your response!! Recently, I have decided to incorporate retin-A into my skin care routine because I read that it works well with CPs as far as thickening and remodeling the skin goes. However, I was wondering when I should use it with the SS cream? Should I apply the retin-A cream immediately after applying the SS cream, or should I wait a bit? Also, when should I incorporate my exfoliator into this routine? Thank you!!

Posts: 3 | Location: Reading, PA | Registered: 06 January 2015Report This Post
Picture of Skin Biology
posted Hide Post
Dear figrsk8er:

Great question!

Although it could be used back-to-back (see below) it might be best to use your retinoic acid product at the opposite end of the day as your Skin Signals Cream. Since Retin-A is used at night, use your Skin Signals Cream during the day.

As far as a hydroxy acid exfoliator is concerned, try alternating this with your retinoic acid product - Here's a possible suggestion:

AM Use:
AM - After cleansing the skin, apply a light amount of Skin Signals Cream (an effective copper peptide formula combined with peptides from enzymatically hydrolyzed elastin and collagen). The application should be so light that it just barely covers the area without leaving the skin excessively heavy with product.

Optional Tip! Alternate use of Skin Signals with your milder P&R High Retinol Cream.

PM Use:
PM - In the evening, alternate use of your retinoic acid product* with an effective leave on hydroxy acid (such as LacSal Cream 10%). Use every other day. Leave-on hydroxy acids work to slowly dissolve the links between damage skin cells and heighten skin cell turnover rate. Wait about 20-30 minutes before you apply anything on top.

....................................................................................................................................................

*How to Use Retin-A and Copper Peptides Together
Retin-A can be used at the same time as Skin Biology's breakdown resistant second-generation copper-peptide products. Here is our recommendation on how to use the two products together:

• If you are using a copper-peptide oil-free serum (or liquid) version: Apply the copper-peptides first then your Retin-A cream can be applied lightly on top.

• If you are using a copper-peptide cream: The cream versions of copper-peptides with their fatty molecules may actually block the Retin-A uptake. So it may be best to first apply your Retin-A product, then use copper peptides lightly on top.

....................................................................................................................................................

Best Wishes,
-Skin Biology

Posts: 4865 | Location: Skin Biology in Bellevue, Washington - USA | Registered: 22 June 2004Report This Post