Read-Only Read-Only Topic
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools
questions about hydrolyzed soy protein Login/Join

posted
I have a question about the hydrolyzed ingredients in the 2nd generation copper-peptides. I am very sensitive to anything hydrolyzed.

I know that I get horrible migraines and tremors as well as onsets of depression from ingesting anything with a high glutamic acid content that has been freed from it's natural bounded form (ie: anything hydrolyzed.)

So my main question is this: I would like to know whether the hydrolyed ingredients in the 2nd generation copper-peptides have the potential to be absorbed into the bloodstream? Or do the ingredients just stay local in my skin and do not enter into the blood stream?

I am currently using Retin-A every 2nd day, so my skin is quite thin, and so this is a concern for me if any of the hydrolyzed ingredients from the 2nd generation copper-peptides would enter my blood stream.

I might just stick with the first generation copper-peptides to be safe since I don't see any hydrolyzed ingredients in it.

Much help appreciated for anybody who could help me with these questions.

This message has been edited. Last edited by: copperenthusiast,

Posts: 15 | Location: British Columbia | Registered: 15 April 2013Report This Post
Picture of Dr. Pickart
posted Hide Post
Our soy peptides should not affect you. For many years these were the types of soy peptides were used in solutions for intravenous feeding of hospital patients and very safe.

The breaking down proteins into small peptides usually eliminates potential problems. The problems with natural L- glutamic acid are usually with the sodium glutamate and not the pure acid. Often the D-form unnatural of glutamic acid with sodium is used to flavor food.

The uptake of copper peptides into the body from cosmetics is very low - about 0.14% of the applied copper peptide.

However, you can use the GHK-copper which has no glutamic acid.

This message has been edited. Last edited by: Dr. Pickart,

Posts: 7065 | Location: Skin Biology | Registered: 15 September 2004Report This Post
posted Hide Post
I am relieved.
Thank you so much for the detailed information.

I will be getting soon a series of minor and then deep TCA peels (starting with a 20% TCA peel, than gradually getting a 50% TCA (trichloroacetic acid) deep chemical peel by a licensed practitioner, first a 20% one around the eyes, and then on the forehead, cheeks, and nose, then neck, followed in a few months by a deeper 50% peel on all those area except around the eyes. I would like to know which of the stronger copper-peptides would you recommend after such a peel? I don't know how I should rotate the use of your copper-peptides products while also using a topical antibiotic that will be given to me right after the procedures.
I want to minimize any scarring and hyper-pigmentation from occurring after such a peel.

Help much appreciated.
Again, thank you so much for all the information. This site is great!

This message has been edited. Last edited by: Skin Biology,

Posts: 15 | Location: British Columbia | Registered: 15 April 2013Report This Post
Picture of Dr. Pickart
posted Hide Post
Start with Super CP Serum followed by Emu Oil with Antioxidants. Use them lightly at first. It takes some time for your skin to recover and then you can use more of the products.

Posts: 7065 | Location: Skin Biology | Registered: 15 September 2004Report This Post