Read-Only Read-Only Topic
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools
Hydroxy Acids Leave on or Wash Off? Login/Join

posted
Can someone tell me if Exfol and LacSal will continue to work after 30 minutes if I applied CPs on top? I've been toying with the idea of washing the acids off because I want to use CPs at night but generally don't like to layer too much as I have oily skin.

Would the acids continue to work after 30 minutes if nothing is applied on top?

Would appreciate any input. Thanks.

Posts: 35 | Location: Singapore | Registered: 08 July 2012Report This Post
Picture of Dr. Pickart
posted Hide Post
The hydroxys will work for hours if not washed off.

Covering them with CPs will raise the pH, so the hydroxys will be less powerful, but they will still work for hours if not washed off.

Posts: 7065 | Location: Skin Biology | Registered: 15 September 2004Report This Post
posted Hide Post
I see. So there really is an advantage to using hydroxys alone at the opposite end of the day to CPs. Thanks for the info.

By the way, I find that Super CP Serum balls up under emu oil or squalane, even when I just pres the oil on. Any tips to get around this problem?

Posts: 35 | Location: Singapore | Registered: 08 July 2012Report This Post
Picture of Skin Biology
posted Hide Post
Dear Bad Bird:

One of our tips for preventing the "balling up" of left-on residue, is to be sure you only apply an extremely light amount of Super CP Serum.

A heavier application will lend itself to leaving more residue that will just ball up when a biological oil is applied on top.

Also, you'll want to try to let the Super CP Serum dry (or allow more buffer time between the two products) before very lightly applying your Emu Oil or Squalane.

See if this helps.

Best Wishes,
-Skin Biology

Posts: 4865 | Location: Skin Biology in Bellevue, Washington - USA | Registered: 22 June 2004Report This Post