Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools
Sagging skin Login/Join

posted
Hi everyone,

I really need some assistance and advise please. I'm a guy in my mid 40s, I don't have any wrinkles on my face but I do have crow feets, which I believe were inherited. My skin has started sagging somewhat on my face around my mouth down from my nose. I bought Skin Signal Cream and Two Time Tightener back in late September 2012, along with LacSal Cream. I have been using the skin signal and TTT once in the morning, and the LacSal at bed time. At first, my skin was looking really good, bright and clear. But by mid January this year, it has become very loose and the sagging is more prominent. I'm really worried, I look so old now, I never have looked my age but now I look pretty bad. The ironic part is that my skin does seem more radiant but super saggy. I don't know what to do, I don't know if I should continue until it improves or if I should stop. And if I stop, would it get back to normal? I'm so concerned that I even watch the way I sleep as not to make my face worse. I try to sleep facing up a lot. Could someone please advise, what do you recommend? Or if Dr Pickart could answer me too, please. I would really appreciate any answer. Thanks!

Posts: 2 | Location: CA | Registered: 12 February 2013Report This Post
Picture of Dr. Pickart
posted Hide Post
The key is to go slow. As your skin improves, it sloughs off older damaged skin cells and replaces them with new skin. But this process can only progress so fast. Often rejuvenating the skin with hydroxy acids and copper peptides can temporarily produce a looser skin. The skin's own elastin and collagen re-tightens the skin.

So use much less of the products and skip a few days. This should get you back on track.

These are general starting instructions for rejuvenating skin. But everyone's skin is different, so it may take some experimenting to find what works best for yourself. Also, start the products lightly. The biggest mistake is overusing the products when starting.

The process of rejuvenating skin with our method is slow, but not irritating. Reducing the appearance of wrinkles and skin lesions is much slower. But even very strong Retin-A takes about 2 years to reduce major wrinkles at the price of chronic redness and irritation.

Also, most people have buried skin damage under relatively good-looking skin. This will slowly emerge and your skin many look worse for a time. Look at http://www.reverseskinaging.co...ied-skin-damage.html

Look at http://www.reverseskinaging.com/pictures.html and http://reverseskinaging.com/nasolabial.html and read the comments.

Usually other blemishes such as moles, skin tags, sun damage spots, etc become less visible with time.

For your face.....

Copper peptides supply nutritional copper to the skin. Without adequate copper, the skin cannot repair skin damage. Numerous studies from the USDA Nutrition Laboratories indicate that most of the persons ingest too little copper.

Our serums work best on oily skin areas like the T-Zone and the creams are best for drier skin areas. The fastest actions are on general skin tone and "glow".

The best results for to improve the appearance of wrinkles, pores, and loose skin that that we hear from our clients are:

1. Use a very mild cleanser such our Gentle Clean. Do not over cleanse your skin. Use biological oils such as squalane or emu oil to remove make up.

2. Our Serums are best on sensitive skin or oily outbreak-prone skin. Our creams work best on dryer skin areas. Sebum Be Gone helps reduce excess facial sebum.

3. In the morning, use CP Serum in the morning followed by Emu Oil-S for Skin. Start with 2 drops of each daily for your face and increase the amount slowly. If your skin feels oily, blot off the excess oil with a tissue. Later you might change to Super CP Serum.

4. For your eyes, use the search function and read about products for the "eyes" at at http://reverseskinaging.com. This is a difficult area but it can be greatly improved.

5. At night, you might alternate Exfol Cream or our new LacSal Cream and Protect & Restore #3 - a high retinol cream. If you have problems with blemishes, then use Retinol-free P&R#2.

6. Many women also use Super Cop lightly at night, but you should use the other products before you move to this very strong product.

7. The Day Cover can be used to keep skin in good shape when outside.

8. Copper peptides and retinoic acid applied together often work very well.

9. You may also benefit from our newer Skin Signals products which uses copper bound to peptides from elastin and collagen. See the Skin Signals Solution - and Skin Signals Cream by using the search function at http://reverseskinaging.com

10. Daily supplements of 1 gram Vitamin C and 1 gram MSM also help rebuild skin proteins. 5 grams (a teaspoon) of Flaxseed Oil which contains high levels of gamma linolenic acid, helps some people with dryness and irritation.

11. Stress inhibits skin rejuvenation by increasing blood cortisol. Stress also shortens your telomeres and your life. Taking 50 mgs daily of DHEA for a few months may help block the cortisol effect and stimulate skin health.

12. Regular aerobic exercise floods more blood into the skin and speeds skin rejuvenation. Vigorous exercise also lengthens your telomeres which in turn helps your skin health.

13. Microdermabrasion cloths (cost about $10) often help remove older skin.

14. Skin needle rollers also can help skin rejuvenation. But do not use them more than every 1 or 2 weeks. Be certain to effectively wash the rollers after use and sterilize it before further use.

15. For very resistant skin areas, an esthetician can use deep peels with strong acids and/or needling to break up hard skin tissue and scar tissue. This can get thing going in the right direction.

Also take a look at http://reverseskinaging.com/tighten.html

This message has been edited. Last edited by: SkinBiologyWebmaster,

Posts: 7065 | Location: Skin Biology | Registered: 15 September 2004Report This Post
posted Hide Post
Thank you so much Dr Pickart, for your quick reply and recommendation. I was super worried since my sagging lines are so pronounced now. I will take your advise and go slow with it, maybe just use it three times or even twice a week, until I'm back to normal. I do love the way it makes my skin look, so clean and bright. I will let you know how it progresses. Thank you again!

Posts: 2 | Location: CA | Registered: 12 February 2013Report This Post
posted Hide Post
OP,

Also, look at what is going on in your life. 40 something really is not that old. If you are all of a sudden "looking old", look at your life. Are you undergoing a lot of stress? Do you get enough sleep? Do you eat well?

I recommend you get as much sleep as possible, drink plenty of water, take a daily multivitamin and use sunblock daily.

Posts: 16 | Location: VA | Registered: 29 September 2012Report This Post