Skin Biology    healthyskin.infopop.cc    SKIN BIOLOGY OFFICIAL CHAT FORUM | Free Skin Consultation 1-800-405-1912  Hop To Forum Categories  Products  Hop To Forums  Skin    Exfoliation question ... & CP product question

Moderators: Rosy

Read-Only Read-Only Topic
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools
Exfoliation question ... & CP product question Login/Join

posted
Hi all.

Ive been using CPs on my scalp for hair (Hair Signals & Folligen for Blondes) for approx 9 months to 1 year, with great results & no irritation or side effects.

Now, i started using CPs on my face about 6 months ago.
My main skin concerns were (and still are): Fine lines, Slight loss of skin firmness, General dulness, Uneven skintone, Uneven texture, Huge pores, Dark undereye circles, Starts of NL folds & 11 lines, & lots of small scars from old break-outs. (lucky me, huh?!).
I started by using CP Night Eyes & Skin Signals Cream, along with LacSal Cream.
I did see a slight improvement generally in the look of my facial skin, but not the positive results i was hoping for (ie. ALL of my skin concerns are still visibly obvious).

So, i then moved up to using Tri-Reduction Cream all over my face (including under the eyes), instead of SS CReam & Night Eyes, again along with the LacSal Cream at opposite ends of the day, (with no sagging, redness or irritation whatsoever!).
I have been using TRi Red & LacSal all over my face now for the past 2 months.
I have seen a slight improvement in skin quality over-all, but again not the improvements i hoped for - STILL, you can clearly see all of my skin concerns listed above. Really, the total improvements since i started using CPs on my face have been quite minimal over the course of 6 months. Am i doing something wrong? Why am i not seeing the clearly visible improvements other users report???

My questions are:

1). Is the Tri Reduction Cream a strong enough CP to use on the face, to address all of my skin concerns listed above?
Or should i move up to Super Cop cream?
(I did notice that Super Cop was a '14' strength and Tri REd was an '11'. Would Super Cop REALLY have much stronger results than Tri REd, when it is only listed as '3' points stronger? I have a limited budget and Super Cop is SO much more expensive than TRi Red, so if it isnt THAT much stronger than Tri-Red, im wondering if its worth all that extra money in my case?

2). I feel that LacSal Cream may be too weak in hydroxy acids for my skin. I used to use a 2% Salicylic Acid Gel, topped by a 12% AHA Cream before i started on CPs.
Is there any way i can make LacSal stronger, by adding some liquid BHA or AHA to the bottle? I have 2 bottles of LacSal to use up, so what can i add to it or layer it with (and how, in a regime) to boost its exfoliating powers for tougher skin?

Sorry for the long post - and thanks for any help & guidance you can offer.

This message has been edited. Last edited by: Skin Biology,

Posts: 7 | Location: Derby, England, UK | Registered: 31 December 2013Report This Post
Picture of Dr. Pickart
posted Hide Post
1. Each day take a multivitamin/mineral capsule plus 1 gram vitamin C, 2 grams MSM, and 5 grams flaxseed oil = 1 teaspoon.

2. Stronger hydroxys will help such as a 30 to 40% lactic acid. Just be very careful with such acids and follow the instructions about neutralizing the acids. Try alternating a strong hydroxy acid and a copper peptide product.

3. Needling and skin needle rollers can help. Some of the small rollers or dermastamps help in tight areas such as NL lines.

4. Super Cop is only a little stronger than Trireduction but designed to have more effect. But it also is less gentle than Trireduction.

Posts: 7065 | Location: Skin Biology | Registered: 15 September 2004Report This Post
posted Hide Post
Thankyou DR Pickart.

Am i right in understanding you recommend the 30 to 40% Lactic Acid for DAILY use?
Or are you suggesting alternate days?.. weekly?

Thankyou x

Posts: 7 | Location: Derby, England, UK | Registered: 31 December 2013Report This Post
Picture of Dr. Pickart
posted Hide Post
No, No. Don't use it every day with strong hydroxys. Once a week may be plenty. Also, stop the lactic acid for a time if your skin becomes too irritated.

Posts: 7065 | Location: Skin Biology | Registered: 15 September 2004Report This Post
posted Hide Post
Aaah, i see! Thankyou Dr Pickart. I'll try this and see how i get on. x