Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools
My question for Dr Pickart Login/Join

posted
Hello! My name is Serena and I'm 34.
I'm a new customer of Skinbiology: I've redness on my cheeks and few wrinkles under my eyes...so I bought CP Serum and Exfol Cream 25 days ago.
I started with CP Serum, one-two drops diluited, every second night (at this time I'm not using Exfol Cream).
The first time I used CP Serum my skin became fantastic!!!!! White, soft, glow, no redness! But after that...I have had some problem....
I think I'm allergic...I've itch on my chin and on my forehead...but my cheeks are wonderful (no flushes, no redness). Dear dr Pickart can you help me, please? I hope I can use Skin Biology products....
Thank you in advance
Serena

This message has been edited. Last edited by: SkinBiologyWebmaster,

Posts: 5 | Location: Palermo | Registered: 27 December 2012Report This Post
posted Hide Post
Big Grin This is my b.r.

A.M.
Bioderma Eau Micellaire
Physiogel A.I.

P.M.
Bioderma Eau Micellaire
CP Serum: 1-2 drops diluited (no cream or oil, only serum)
or Physiogel A.I.
I'd like to apply Exfol Cream (once or twice)

Thank you Waving

Picture of Dr. Pickart
posted Hide Post
Try using the CP Serum and Exfol Serum on different days than you use the Bioderma Eau Micellaire and Physiogel A.I..

I don't know what is in these products.

Posts: 7065 | Location: Skin Biology | Registered: 15 September 2004Report This Post
posted Hide Post
Dear Doc,
thank you for your answer.
My problems with CP Serum are really strange....my skin is getting better, it is soft, glow, white and my eye contour is becoming "no-wrinkles" Thumbs UP! in few days....but I have red and itchy skin on my chin and on my forehead....

This is INCI of Bioderma Crealine Eau Micellaire:
Aqua, PEG-6 Caprylic/Capric Glycerides, Propylene Glycol, Cucumis sativus (Cucumber) fruit Extract, Fructo-oligosaccharides, Mannitol, Xylitol, Rhamnose, Disodium EDTA, Cetrimonium Bromide.

This is INCI of Physiogel A.I. :
Aqua, Olea Europaea, Glycerin, Pentilene Glycol, Palm Glycerides, Olus, Hydrogenated Lecithin, Squalane, Betaine, Palmitamide Mea, Acetamide Mea, Sarcosine, Hydroxyethylcellulose, Sodium Carbomer, Carbomer, Xanthan Gum.

What do you think about these two products?
What can I use instead of Physiogel and Bioderma?
I have a sensitive skin, very fair, redness on my cheecks.
Thank you for your kindness
Serena

Picture of Dr. Pickart
posted Hide Post
The problem may be with Bioderma Crealine Eau Micellaire. The EDTA may chelate the copper. Sometimes such types of chelates can inhibit skin repair or be toxic to skin. EDTA is not a natural compound in the human body.

From webmd.com
EDTA can cause abdominal cramps, nausea, vomiting, diarrhea, headache, low blood pressure, skin problems, and fever.

Posts: 7065 | Location: Skin Biology | Registered: 15 September 2004Report This Post
posted Hide Post
Hi doc,
thank you for your kindness. So EDTA can chelate the copper and is dangerous for the human body...I'll change my cleanser and I'll use Gentle Cleanser and Gamila secret soap.
May I ask another question?
Which supplements may I take for redness and dry skin? May I use zinc?
I actually use:
Vit. C, Borrage, Burdock, Milk Enzymes.
Thank you
S
quote:
Originally posted by Dr. Pickart:
The problem may be with Bioderma Crealine Eau Micellaire. The EDTA may chelate the copper. Sometimes such types of chelates can inhibit skin repair or be toxic to skin. EDTA is not a natural compound in the human body.

From webmd.com
EDTA can cause abdominal cramps, nausea, vomiting, diarrhea, headache, low blood pressure, skin problems, and fever.

Picture of Dr. Pickart
posted Hide Post
EDTA is widely used in foods as a preservative but that does not mean it is safe.

For your skin, take daily

MSM - 1 gram
Vitamin C - 1 gram
Flaxseed oil - 5 grams - Borage oil is OK but in a study that compared flaxseed to borage, the flaxseed gave a better skin effect, although both were effective.

If you add zinc, keep the ration of zinc to copper at about 4 to 1. Too much zinc drives out copper.

posted Hide Post
Thank you, that's very kind of you
S
quote:
Originally posted by Dr. Pickart:
EDTA is widely used in foods as a preservative but that does not mean it is safe.

For your skin, take daily

MSM - 1 gram
Vitamin C - 1 gram
Flaxseed oil - 5 grams - Borage oil is OK but in a study that compared flaxseed to borage, the flaxseed gave a better skin effect, although both were effective.

If you add zinc, keep the ration of zinc to copper at about 4 to 1. Too much zinc drives out copper.