Read-Only Read-Only Topic
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools
Help! What is happening!! Login/Join

posted
I have used Copper Peptides for about 6 or 7 years after discovering them in my late twenties. It was about 2 years after I had a very bad response to a laser (for acne scars) that left me with huge scars and the appearance of having a *melted* face in places. I used a 2 mm dermaroller at that time (out of ignorance and desperation) but have not used anything like that since.
A few years of CP and dermarollering made a huge difference and I slacked on using the roller as often (no longer every 6 weeks) and incorporated lactic and occasionally TCA peels.

I am now 36 and decided I would start with the rolling again as after all these years, I still have insecurities about my face. So this is what happened:

On Jan 10 I rolled my face with a 1.5 dermaroller; there was blood, although nothing out of the ordinary

2 weeks later I used my homemade sugar scrub (it is quite scrubby)

About 1 week after that I did a 55% lactic acid peel (which I have used before), which I thought would be fine as it is a light peel. Throughout, I have been using super CP and my handheld red led light to assist with skin improvements.

Over the past few days, some of my pores have now stretched into small lines on parts of my face on one side. I have also been experiencing pain in my old scars, and I swear it's like they are now moving around. All of a sudden, I have an extra hardened scar under the skin adjoined to two of my other old ones, and strangely enough I feel a hard line under another of my old scars. And only on one side of my face.

Has anyone else ever had this experience?? It's possible that I overdid it with the roller and the abrasion, but honestly that is nothing that I have not done before; I will usually give about 2 weeks after the roll to scrub everything down. Is it possible my old scars become active again and seem to spread?? Or more likely that deeply buried damage is being expunged?

Honestly I am so upset about this I am having a hard time focusing on anything else...it has been a constant battle with my skin since I first developed acne scars as a teen and now it feels like all my hard work has come undone.

Any feedback or advice on how to proceed is welcome.

This message has been edited. Last edited by: Skin Biology,

Posts: 157 | Location: Canada | Registered: 30 July 2009Report This Post
posted Hide Post
Anyone? Can buried damage suddenly surface 3 weeks later? My pores are still tingling/burning and having pain in my face that I associate with movement. I've been using emu and a little seabuckthorn oil, but beyond that I have no idea what to do Frowner

Picture of Skin Biology
posted Hide Post
Dear petrified:

Things should calm down for you - But it will be essential to allow your skin the time it needs to recuperate.

The roller, manual abrasion (sugar scrub), and high-percentage peel, combined with strong copper peptides most likely overwhelmed your skin.

Since you mentioned that you've used similar methods before, what was the difference this time around?

It would seem to us that everything was done in fairly close proximity. Perhaps waiting a month between might have been easier on your skin.

Less is More - Slow is Better.

At any rate, we will be here to support you with further ideas on how to calm your skin. We might suggest to continue only with Emu Oil and allow your skin to rest and "catch up with itself" as it were.

The best way to ensure success with our products is to contact us directly 1-800-405-1912 / We'd be more than happy to assist you!

Tips on How to Properly Use the Original, Safe & Natural Copper Peptides

Best Wishes,
-Skin Biology

Posts: 4865 | Location: Skin Biology in Bellevue, Washington - USA | Registered: 22 June 2004Report This Post
Picture of Skin Biology
posted Hide Post
How are you doing P?

Has your skin calmed down this week?

Please advise,
Skin Biology
customerservice@skinbiology.com

Posts: 4865 | Location: Skin Biology in Bellevue, Washington - USA | Registered: 22 June 2004Report This Post
posted Hide Post
My skin has calmed down a little, however some of the scarring is persisting. I'm getting random scarred pores and have been diagnosed with rosacea by a dermatologist. I guess my treatments caused a huge flare up, though I did not realize I had rosacea as an issue prior to this...do you know if rosacea can cause the scarring? I don't think the derm believed what I was saying about it...

I had just made an order (to the canadian store) for a trireduction combo not long before this happened..I am about to email the canadian rep and ask if I can do an exchange because obviously trireduction is too strong now...do you have any suggestions about how to carry on with the cp's? I feel like my skin is still very delicate and doesn't seem to want to get better on it's own.
I have full blown rosacea now as well, with flareups every few days and not able to put most products on my skin. Is there a gentler CP that would be a good option for me now?

This message has been edited. Last edited by: Skin Biology,

Picture of Skin Biology
posted Hide Post
Dear petrified:

Since our copper peptide topicals are cosmetic products that are not designed or intended for the treatment or prevention of any skin condition or disease (such as rosacea), we must always direct that you consult with your dermatologist or physician who can physically take a look at your skin and be able to advise you.

However, for calming down the skin Regular CP Serum diluted down with a bit of water and Emu Oil-S Lipid Replenisher have consistently worked well.

If you are not able to exchange your TriReduction Cream, you can "make it milder" by basing the skin first with a biological moisturizer (Emu Oil or another biological oil) and then lightly apply TriReduction Cream.

The fatty lipids of the moisturizer will slow down the penetration rate of the copper cream, effectively making it a bit gentler.

See our Tips on How to Use Copper Peptides Properly at How to Decrease the Strength of Copper Peptide Products - www.reverseskinaging.com/tips.html#decrease

Best Wishes,
-Skin Biology