Read-Only Read-Only Topic
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools
Dry skin Login/Join

posted
If I am experiencing dry skin does that mean I am using too much CP product and need to back off? In other words my skin shouldn't feel dry right? I am going to back off but was just wondering. I have always had dry skin but it got better and now it is back and I don't know if it could be needing to back off of the CP products or if it could simply be due to my age (51) and I am stuck with this issue. Frowner

Posts: 92 | Location: U.S. | Registered: 12 September 2010Report This Post
Picture of SAGE262
posted Hide Post
Hi Raine,
I'm new here and don't have much experience with CPs yet but I was wondering if you supplement with Omega 3s. They are really important for the health of your hair and skin cells and so people deficient in omega 3s will have trouble with dry skin and hair. I prefer NKO krill oil to fish oil. The softgels are smaller, provide an important antioxidant called astaxanthin and there are pretty much no worries about toxins and heavy metals. Most fish oils are molecularly distilled to remove contaminants but that process destroys some of the nutrients. Hope this helps!

Posts: 119 | Location: New York | Registered: 03 March 2011Report This Post
Picture of Skin Biology
posted Hide Post
Dear Raine:

One of the signs of overuse can be excessive dryness. But if you notice you are suffering from dry skin you may just be lacking a sufficient moisturizer.

First, be sure you are using the products very lightly as directed. Use a milder product or dilute if you believe the product may be a bit too strong for you.

Then follow up by using an effective moisturizer, which should be a biological oil such as Emu Oil or Squalane.

For more tips see our page on How to Use SCRPs Properly - When to Rest the Skin and How to Do It

And Sage is right - If the problem seems to persist, be sure to look into beneficial supplements especially if the issue may seem to be more internal.

Best Wishes,
-Skin Biology

This message has been edited. Last edited by: SkinBiologyWebmaster,

Posts: 4865 | Location: Skin Biology in Bellevue, Washington - USA | Registered: 22 June 2004Report This Post