Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools
epidermal growth factor Login/Join

posted
Dear Skin Biology,

I am using SB products to reduce loose (thin?) skin resulting in eye bags. I am 41. Occasionally I need to 'back off' using CP products due to inflammation and slight skin burning to give the area time to recover. (and yes there are noticeable tightening/thickening effects after 4 weeks). Are epidermal growth factors safe to use, do you recommend them? Can they be used a the same time as SB CP's?

What do you recommend in the 'off CP' periods?

This message has been edited. Last edited by: Dr. Pickart,

Posts: 2 | Location: Australia | Registered: 12 January 2012Report This Post
posted Hide Post
i found other posts about 'off CP' times, but what about the EGF in the last post, or others, and the newer 'stem cell' ingredients in off the shelf products?

Posts: 2 | Location: Australia | Registered: 12 January 2012Report This Post
posted Hide Post
I would love to read what Dr. Pickart thinks of EGF and stem cell products!

Posts: 99 | Location: Florida | Registered: 07 April 2007Report This Post
posted Hide Post

Posts: 2118 | Location: Indiana | Registered: 06 February 2010Report This Post
posted Hide Post
Thank you, Maxx!

posted Hide Post
I've been using egf and really love it.. I use it on my skin first thing in the a.m. I incorporate my cp's with other products I like..being retin a and egf capsules.

Posts: 30 | Location: southern u.s. | Registered: 07 December 2010Report This Post
Picture of Dr. Pickart
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by libborator:
Dear Skin Biology,

I am using SB products to reduce loose (thin?) skin resulting in eye bags. I am 41. Occasionally I need to 'back off' using CP products due to inflammation and slight skin burning to give the area time to recover. (and yes there are noticeable tightening/thickening effects after 4 weeks). Are epidermal growth factors safe to use, do you recommend them? Can they be used a the same time as SB CP's?

What do you recommend in the 'off CP' periods?

When skin cells, or any other cells, are exposed to to the same bioactive for a long period, they become much less sensitive to the bioactive. So, when you are off CPs, just use a simple protective cream or oil. You want your cells to "reset" themselves.

Posts: 7065 | Location: Skin Biology | Registered: 15 September 2004Report This Post
posted Hide Post
Thank you so much for posting that, Dr. Pickart. Great information and makes me happy to be using CP's!