Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools
Personal Skin Journal Login/Join

Picture of SUchieftan
posted
I'm going to begin this personal skin journal for men who value smooth blemish and scar free skin and highlight the methods to achieve this.

Every month, I go to a dermatologist in the Seattle area to get a TCA (trichloretic acid) peel on my face. I normally request 2/3 swipes of the acid so I generally leave the physician's clinic with my face appearing beet red. From past experience, the peeling or sloughing and shedding of skin happens with 48 hours. The shedding stops within a week's time revealing fresh, blemish free, baby soft skin. I have wrinkle free skin but I don't know whether to attribute this to genetics since my father and mother do not have wrinkles and they are both respecfully into their late 60s and early 70s. Genetics aside, I know the TCA peels are doing what they're intended to do which is an extreme chemical exfoliation of the skin. When I spoke to my physician about using Skin Biology's copper peptides, I was told that several of her patients were trying their products but she regarded the jury as still out as to whether in actual human application they work as marketed by Skin Biology. I have been using the products, specifically Super Cop 2x for my face off and on to address the occassional hyperpigmentation from breakouts, several minor scars from when I was younger, 2 small indentations from blemishes and random skin issues. I have been applying Super Cop 2x to my face for over a year and having the TCA Peels every month but nothing is happening as far as lessening the appearance of my scars, hyper-pigmentation, and other random skin issues. Mind you, my skin looks nice because of the peels but I don't know if the Copper peptides can take any credit here as my physician has been monitoring this with me. Just felt I should report this as I continue to incorporate copper peptides into my daily skin care regimen.

This message has been edited. Last edited by: SkinBiologyWebmaster,

Posts: 52 | Location: Seattle | Registered: 23 January 2012Report This Post
Picture of Skin Biology
posted Hide Post
Dear SUchieftan:

Keeping a skin journal is actually a great idea!

This way you can monitor your progress and note changes.

You may want to try using Super Cop 2X a bit more consistently to see if that helps.

Best Wishes,
-Skin Biology

Posts: 4865 | Location: Skin Biology in Bellevue, Washington - USA | Registered: 22 June 2004Report This Post
Picture of SUchieftan
posted Hide Post
Update on my personal journal. It's been a week since I've had my monthly TCA face peel performed at my dermatologist's office. These peels are 100% covered by my insurance so I don't miss out on having them done. Around the 2nd day of having the peel, the skin around my mouth and chin began to slough off. Around the 4th day, the skin on my forehead began to do the same. Around this time I began to use Protect & Restore all over my face as a light moisturizer. Last evening I applied SupCop2x to just minor scarred areas of the face. I should report that I didn't feel any sting. I also placed a little bit of SupCop2x under my eyes and then followed up with EmuOil to address my under eye dark circles. Personally, I don't think the SupCop2x is helping in this specific area as I naturally have deep set eyes which are the cause for the dark shadows in the first place.

This message has been edited. Last edited by: SUchieftan,

Picture of Skin Biology
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by SUchieftan:
I also placed a little bit of SupCop2x under my eyes and then followed up with EmuOil to address my under eye dark circles.

Dear SUchieftan:

Be extremely careful when using Super Cop plus Emu Oil around the eyes. The skin around the eyes is quite delicate and there is a very thin line between not doing enough then quickly falling into overuse.

If you feel that the Super Cop 2X is not helping in this area, for you we'd recommend not to use it around the eyes.

Best Wishes,
-Skin Biology

Posts: 4865 | Location: Skin Biology in Bellevue, Washington - USA | Registered: 22 June 2004Report This Post
Picture of SUchieftan
posted Hide Post
ok, thanks for the tip. I'll switch out SuperCop2x and use Skin Signals under the eye. I'll continue to use SuperCop2x exclusively for my scars as I have been for a while now.

Picture of SUchieftan
posted Hide Post
I've begun using Skin Signals under the eye this morning. Will continue to do so for a month and report any progress with addressing the under eye dark circles. Photos pending.