Read-Only Read-Only Topic
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools
remodeling question Login/Join

posted
I have noticed over the last year that some random areas on my face have started to regain my natural tan skin tone but theres no pattern to it at all. ( the reason I started skinbio was to recover from post accutane skin and to regain my tan skintone that was lost while doxycycline ravaged my skin prior to that) Well anyway my jawline, aread under mouth and above chin, and half of my temple are basically my natural skin color while the rest of my face has either some faint redness or is still that thinned damage look...

I was wondering if anybody has any explanation for why this is..I use the same products everywhere other than undereye area.

Also, does this mean that if some areas have been responding that everything else will follow suit?

Thanks

Posts: 116 | Location: House | Registered: 03 June 2010Report This Post
posted Hide Post
Just going by common sense, as I'm no expert, I'd say that "yes," some areas must have been more damaged and are taking longer to respond. But if you've had some positive results on some areas...then I'd assume you will continue to have positive results elsewhere. Take it as a sign that you're in the healing mode and continue on! Best of luck for a speedy recovery... Thumbs UP!

Posts: 83 | Location: Arizona | Registered: 27 August 2008Report This Post
Picture of SkinBioTeam
posted Hide Post
quote:
I have noticed over the last year that some random areas on my face have started to regain my natural tan skin tone but theres no pattern to it at all. ( the reason I started skinbio was to recover from post accutane skin and to regain my tan skintone that was lost while doxycycline ravaged my skin prior to that) Well anyway my jawline, aread under mouth and above chin, and half of my temple are basically my natural skin color while the rest of my face has either some faint redness or is still that thinned damage look...

I was wondering if anybody has any explanation for why this is..I use the same products everywhere other than undereye area.

Also, does this mean that if some areas have been responding that everything else will follow suit?

Hi Da52391,

It is good to hear from you. It sounds like you are starting to see real results. When your skin is damaged, it is always damaged in layers. That is why you are seeing some areas improve before others.

Since the skin is in layers, and damage many times exists in layers, a strong "pushing up" of healthier skin may cause buried damage to come to the fore. Here are some tips on how to deal with such a situation:

1. Again the main thing is to go slow. Use the mildest SRCP product first and very slowly work up to the stronger products if needed. It sounds like what you are doing is working at this time, so you may just want to stick with it.

2. Use a gentle but effective method of exfoliation along with your copper-peptide product. This way you are sloughing off (exfoliating off) any damage that may come to the fore.

This process is the only true method to remodel or renew the skin. It is not a cosmetic cover up or "quick fix". It does takes time and patience. But it repairs damage from the inside out and in time helps reveal younger, healthier, tighter skin.

We would recommend carefully reviewing the following links on SRCPs:
Layers of Damage

How To Reduce Blemishes

Best Wishes
~The SkinBio Team

This message has been edited. Last edited by: SkinBiologyWebmaster,

Posts: 535 | Location: SkinBioOffice | Registered: 23 December 2009Report This Post