New
Find
Notify
Tools
My Super CP Serum Becomes Watery At Half The Bottle Login/Join

Picture of Nightbird
posted   Report This Post  
Dr. Pickart,

First allow me to thank you for your wonderful products. Absolutely no other products on the market, and I have used many from being a model many years ago, has made such a noticeable difference in my skin without harsh reactions or irritation. I recommend your products to everyone I meet interested in good skin care.

My question has to do with your Super CP Serum. I had to switch over to this product when you discontinued making your Tri-Reduction cream without all the oils in it, which give me breakouts. I loved Tri-Reduction's creamy texture, so I am hoping you bring back the oil-free version one day again. My problem with the Super CP Serum is that when I have used about half the bottle, it loses it's serum consistency and becomes like water, so it is impossible to apply without it dripping off my face.

After reading it's ingredient list, it seems you use hydroxyethylcellulose as the thickener. I can purchase hydroxyethylcellulose online, and am wondering if I add it to the Super CP Serum if it will return it to a serum consistency? And if so, how much hydroxyethylcellulose powder would I need to add for half of the 4oz bottle, or in other words for 2oz of liquid?

Thanks in advance for your response, and have a great day. Smiler

This message has been edited. Last edited by: SkinBiologyWebmaster,

------------------------------
My religion is kindness.
~The Dalai Lama
Picture of Skin Biology
posted   Hide PostReport This Post  
Dear Nightbird:

Thanks for posting your feedback! We're glad to hear that the products have been working so well for you. And we're sure that Dr. Pickart will reply to your post as soon as he possible can.

But we're not sure if trying to add the hydroxyethylcellulose after the fact will really do the trick. Dr. Pickart will know for sure though.

There may be another way around this situation.

May we ask, when was the last time you ordered Super CP Serum? What was the lot number or manufacture date? We ask, because there may have been certain refinements in more recent batches that may have already improved the issue.

In the meantime, here's a few suggestions:

One idea is to add a bit of a light biological moisturizer (that will not cause you to break out) in the palm of your hand directly before applying it to the face. This way the product will not be overused or drip. It will adhere to the skin much better.

Or you could look into revising how you store the product. Keeping it in the refrigerator should help it not break down (or become watery) as quickly.

Some clients keep the 1 ounce small sizes of Super CP Serum and use them as "refills". They purchase the large size, but just fill up their previous 1oz bottle so that they can store the remaining product in the back of the fridge.

Hopefully some of these tips help you as we await Dr. Pickart's comments.

Best Wishes,
-Skin Biology
Picture of Dr. Pickart
quote:
Originally posted by Nightbird:
Dr. Pickart,

First allow me to thank you for your wonderful products. Absolutely no other products on the market, and I have used many from being a model many years ago, has made such a noticeable difference in my skin without harsh reactions or irritation. I recommend your products to everyone I meet interested in good skin care.

My question has to do with your Super CP Serum. I had to switch over to this product when you discontinued making your Tri-Reduction cream without all the oils in it, which give me breakouts. I loved Tri-Reduction's creamy texture, so I am hoping you bring back the oil-free version one day again. My problem with the Super CP Serum is that when I have used about half the bottle, it loses it's serum consistency and becomes like water, so it is impossible to apply without it dripping off my face.

After reading it's ingredient list, it seems you use hydroxyethylcellulose as the thickener. I can purchase hydroxyethylcellulose online, and am wondering if I add it to the Super CP Serum if it will return it to a serum consistency? And if so, how much hydroxyethylcellulose powder would I need to add for half of the 4oz bottle, or in other words for 2oz of liquid?

Thanks in advance for your response, and have a great day. Smiler

Our Trireduction Cream always had oils in it, but we slowly change products. About when did you order the Trireduction that you preferred? We can look at our old formulas and see what changed.

As for hydroxethylcellulose, our goal is to ultimately remove it and use a straight water based solution. This would be a cleaner system.

Picture of Nightbird
Dr. Pickart,

Thank you for your response. I don't remember what year I ordered the Tri-Reduction that did not cause me breakouts, but I want to say it was over 4 years ago. I do remember that you offered 2 formulas of Tri-Reduction. One was the regular formula, which I used, and the other was for dryer skins and I believe the dryer skin formula was advertised as having the additon of Lavender oil, but again it has been so long I can't remember for sure. Then when you stopped offering both formulas and settled on the one with the additional oil for dryer skin, I ordered it to try it and it caused me terrible breakouts. I then switched over to the CP Serum.

I must tell you Dr. Pickart that there are many of us out here with very oily skin that have a hard time tolerating any oils in our facial products, even light ones like Squalane & Emu, yet, we wish to enjoy the positive results from your copper peptides. I know most of your skincare line is geared towards dryer skin, judging from the amount of oils you use, but please consider making more oil-free products, especially in a cream type consistency for us. Copper peptides have had a wonderful effect on my adult skin and sebum production, and many of my friends wish to try your products after seeing my results, but do not like the serum consistency and wish for a creamier consistency for ease of application.

I understand you mentioned wanting to switch over to a water based solution for your CP Serum, but in the meantime, would adding additonal hydroxethylcellulose to my CP Serum once it has become to thin & watery for application re-thicken it? Unfortunately I threw away my last bottle so I don't have the lot number of it, but I have had this problem consistently with the last 3 bottles I last purchased, the last one being about a year ago. I have friends who also use this product that complain of the same problem when the bottle is half full, so your answer is greatly anticipated in order to continue to successfully use this product without it dripping all over our fingers and faces.

Thank you kindly.

My religion is kindness.
~The Dalai Lama
Picture of Nightbird
Dr. Pickart,
I still have not received an answer to my question if adding hydroxethylcellulose to the CP Serum when it becomes to watery to apply will re-thicken it.

Would you kindly please answer this question for me? I need to order another bottle but do not want to do so if the same problem arises, so I need to know if adding more hydroxethylcellulose will solve the problem until you come out with a different formulation to prevent this.

Thank you.

My religion is kindness.
~The Dalai Lama
Picture of Dr. Pickart
You could add hydroxycellulose but it is not easy to get into solution.