Read-Only Read-Only Topic
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools
Folligen Solution foul odor? Login/Join

posted   Report This Post  
I purchased a Folligen Solution hair therapy spray a year ago and only started using it recently. Upon use, I noticed it has a very foul odor. I'd like to know if this is normal for the product or if it means it has gone bad. The odor is very putrid, somewhat like the scent of rotting eggs. It's become unbearable to use in the daytime so I now only resort to it before bed.

Should I discontinue use and purchase a new one, or is this normal?
Picture of Skin Biology
posted   Hide PostReport This Post  
Dear EvianDole:

Copper peptides do have a particular natural scent, but if you feel more comfortable you can always pick up a fresher batch of Folligen Spray or dilute it down with a bit of water. Also make sure that you are applying it extremely lightly.

We have tested products up to 5 years old* and when kept at standard/normal room temperature, our products stay quite effective for years.

Best Wishes,
-Skin Biology

This message has been edited. Last edited by: SkinBiologyWebmaster,
Picture of Dr. Pickart
posted   Hide PostReport This Post  
quote:
Originally posted by EvianDole:
I purchased a Folligen Solution hair therapy spray a year ago and only started using it recently. Upon use, I noticed it has a very foul odor. I'd like to know if this is normal for the product or if it means it has gone bad. The odor is very putrid, somewhat like the scent of rotting eggs. It's become unbearable to use in the daytime so I now only resort to it before bed.

Should I discontinue use and purchase a new one, or is this normal?

With time, some of the peptides break down and the product starts to smell a little like soy sauce.