Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools
cp serum exposed to heat Login/Join

posted   Report This Post  
hi guys,
I left my cp serum unrefrigerated for june and july and in CT we had the hottest summer in recent memory and I reently learned that these products break down in hot temps so I was wondering if a couple months of being left out where the temp was consistintly low to mid 90's could ruin the cp serum.

Also if this is the case could refrigerating it revive it?

Thanks
Picture of SkinBioTeam
posted   Hide PostReport This Post  
Hello Da52391,

The CP Serum will be just fine. It will darken in color, but not change the effectiveness at all. It is the Super Cop Cream and the Super Cop 2X that do better with refrigeration. Here is a quote from Dr. Pickart from another thread regarding the Super Cop and Super Cop 2X:

quote:
You don't have to do it. But the Super Cop is so strong that it is difficult to stabilize without detergents. So the outer Super Cop may darken at a higher room temperature. This does not affect the copper peptides but it does not look as nice.

In our office, we refrigerate the Super Cop before it is shipped.

So sorry you have had to deal with such extreme heat this year in Connecticut!

Best Wishes
~The SkinBio Team

This message has been edited. Last edited by: SkinBiologyWebmaster,
posted   Hide PostReport This Post  
Yea idk what's going on with the weather up here it's usually so boring but this year we had a brutal winter and now the heat wave all summer. I can't complain about the heat though cause I probably wished for it walking to my classes in 15 degree weather last winter lol
Anyway thanks for the response
BW, Dave