Skin Biology    healthyskin.infopop.cc    SKIN BIOLOGY OFFICIAL CHAT FORUM | Free Skin Consultation 1-800-405-1912  Hop To Forum Categories  Help and FAQs  Hop To Forums  Skin Biology Product Help    Does mineral make-up containing zinc affect the strength of Copper Peptides?

Moderators: Rosy

Read-Only Read-Only Topic
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools
Does mineral make-up containing zinc affect the strength of Copper Peptides? Login/Join

posted   Report This Post  
Hello all,

I'm curious to know if mineral make-up containing zinc affects the strength of Copper Peptides. During the day, I usually apply a Copper Peptide product on my face, such as Skin Signals Solution, and follow with a mineral make-up by jane iredale, but it contains zinc. I've read that zinc can interfere with CPs, but I'm wondering if that only applies if they are combined in the same formula.

If the Copper Peptides absorb into the skin, will the topical application of minerals containing zinc counteract the CPs? There are times when I apply LacSal in the morning, and follow with mineral make-up, but I've had better results by using CPs during the day; However, I'd hate to waste precious time or money by applying CP products with the zinc, and also, I fear I may be doing harm to my skin.

Any helpful information on this subject would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks!
Picture of Skin Biology
posted   Hide PostReport This Post  
Dear pinkdervish:

Probably the best of both worlds would be to find a zinc-free, mineral makeup with titanium dioxide. But we realize that can be a difficult challenge.

Perhaps the second thing to try would be to create a barrier so the zinc stays on the surface. This can be done by first lightly applying your Skin Signals Solution then using a little bit of Emu Oil-S or CELES Oil on top to serve as a barrier to keep the zinc oxide on the surface.

Best Wishes,
-Skin Biology

This message has been edited. Last edited by: SkinBiologyWebmaster,
Thanks for the info!

I've searched and searched for a mineral foundation OR any other foundation that is zinc oxide free, and have not had much luck. I did find a couple that contain zinc stearate, but I'm uncertain of the difference. Does zinc stearate affect the potency of CP'? Seems like the best alternative would be to make my own at home, which I plan on doing very soon.

As far as creating a barrier on the surface before applying my foundation, I've tried that, and it affects the long wear of my foundation, and I end up looking like a huge grease ball. This is AFTER I wait 10-15 minutes to apply my foundation, and I usually do not have the extra time to do that.

Any additional information you have to share would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks!
Picture of Di
Hi pinkdervish,
Here is an address for a zinc free mineral foundation. I used it for awhile. I was happy with it. It also has a mica free foundation if mica is a problem for you. It's www.corycosmetics.com I hope it's okay to post this.

Di Smiler
Thanks for the info, Di!

I just ordered some individual minerals from www.CoastalScents.com and www.DIYcosmetics.com. I've used their products in the past. It just feels like a hassle to make my own, and I much prefer to have it ready made; However, making your own does have its benefits, being that you can add or subtract whatever you want essentially. I love jane iredale, but they use zinc oxide. Another foundation I love is Aveda's inner light dual foundation because it has ingredients I cannot find in a foundation anywhere else, and it feels like silk on my face, but I go through it SO fast. As fast as I go through it, and for what it costs, I rarely purchase it anymore.

Thanks again!
Picture of Skin Biology
quote:
Originally posted by pinkdervish:
Does zinc stearate affect the potency of CP'?

Dear pinkdervish:

It would be similar to using zinc oxide.

The only other suggestion would be to use copper-peptides in the evening (although in your first post you mentioned you've had better results using the products in the daytime).

If you ever do try again the "creating a barrier tip" using a little bit of biological oil, the trick is to make sure the oil is applied extremely lightly. Remember, it will seem to expand as the day goes along as your own natural oils kick in. So if you try it again, go SUPER LIGHT with the moisturizer.

Best Wishes,
-Skin Biology