New
Find
Notify
Tools
Skin Biology products in Europe Login/Join

posted   Report This Post  
Hello,
Could any European member help me?
I want to buy Folligen Spray and Super CP Serum in Europe.

From where you Europeans use to buy the products? Was someone from England or Germany able to buy directly from EUA without any problems?

I live in Brazil and here is impossible to find or buy the products. Will be in England and Germany soon, and want to buy a small stock. Thanks in advance.

This message has been edited. Last edited by: SkinBiologyWebmaster,
posted   Hide PostReport This Post  
Hi CH,

I usually order my products from skin biology in the US, I have ordered some from the EU site also, but they don't have as much products.

The postage from the US takes just a week to be delivered, and from the EU two days.

I've had no problems ordering products from the US site.

Hopes this helps.
Picture of SkinBioTeam
Dear CH,

We here at Skin Biology in the US ship all over the world. If you are not able to get what you need from one of our resellers, you are welcome to go onto our website and place our order.

Best Wishes
~The SkinBio Team
Thanks for the reply. My concern is about eventual customs duties, fees or burocracy. I don´t know if the products could be lawfully imported to England or Germany. To Brazil, for instance, you could not import by mail without a lot of paperwork. Seems that to Ireland there is no problem, thanks Moll Smiler

Anyone from Germany here to give some feedback? I´m inclined to ship my order to Germany, to the house of a friend I will pay a visit.
Picture of Rossana
CH, not sure if this helps but when I buy online from ebay I see that the sellers that ship worldwide, ship at the same price to the whole europe except Italy. So I think you'd be fine to ship merchandise from US to any country of the European Union with the exception of Italy.

Life is too short to remove USB safely!
I live in Germany and order SkinBio products all the time (not direct from SkinBio, but from one of the resellers in the US). There are some rules that should better be followed:

1. the package should be declared as cosmetics - NOT merchandise or small bottles as some companys do. Cosmetics is easy to understand. No one knows what merchandise is, so they want to look inside and check it.

2. the value, if possible, should be declared $ 25. In this case, if you are lucky, the package won't go to the customs and you won't have to pay the VAT and custom fees (19% VAT and maybe 5% custom fee). The value should NEVER be decared $ 1 or something like that. It's just not believable and then the package will definitely go to the customs in this case.

3. If the package still goes to the customs it's not a problem. You get a notification and go to the office to pick it up. You should have a proof that you paid for it, like a credit card statement, and a copy of the invoice. And while explaining there what it is that you bought, say just some skin care. NEVER explain how special it is, how good it works or something like that or people there would think it some kind of medicine or drugs and never allow you to take it home.

That's how I do it and I never had problems.
Picture of Rossana
Godiva, just a question out of curiosity: if the package is retained in the office and goes through inspection, and you show proof that you paid for it, do you still have to pay the VAT and custom fees? Is that for ANY imported merchandise?

Life is too short to remove USB safely!
quote:
Originally posted by Rossana:
Godiva, just a question out of curiosity: if the package is retained in the office and goes through inspection, and you show proof that you paid for it, do you still have to pay the VAT and custom fees? Is that for ANY imported merchandise?

The rule is, if the value of the package is or less $25 then you don't have to pay the VAT and fees. It's just not worth the whole paper work for this value. If the value is more than $ 25 then yes, you have to pay the VAT and custom fees. The worst thing about it all is, that they take the whole value - the goods and the shippping and add the VAT and fees to it.

That said, it's still better to order SkinBio products from the US I think. Even with the shipping and the VAT and custom fees it will not be more expensive than at SkinBio Europe but definitely more fresh. I ordered from SkinBio Europe once this year and the manufacture date of the product I got was 2008. I don't think it's normal.

There is another rule for books. Books are VAT- free if they cost EUR 70 or less. Not sure about the value, but it's something like that.
Thank you very much Godiva.

Now I don´t know what to do. Don't want to give to my host the trouble of go to the customs and solve any paperwork.

From your experience, what are the chances of go to customs? 50%?
quote:
Originally posted by CH:
Thank you very much Godiva.

Now I don´t know what to do. Don't want to give to my host the trouble of go to the customs and solve any paperwork.

From your experience, what are the chances of go to customs? 50%?

Unfortunately, it's really not possible to tell. I would say, 90% of my orders from Dianna Yvonne (A SkinBio reseller) don't go to the customs. The one time I ordered direct from SkinBio, 12 years ago or so, it also didn't go to the customs. But many other packages do, even those sent with the same mail service.

I explained it a bit wrong before. All the packages from outside of EU go to the customs. Some are kept there for clearing, so that you have to pick them up yourself and pay the fees. The others are cleared instantly, so that you receive it with the normal mail. I think it rather depends on how lazy the customs workers are. Some packages are better controlled than others.

I don't think it would be such a trouble for your friends to pick it up. They don't have to do any paperwork themselves. Ony bring the invoice and the credit card statement with them. Of course I don't know how it works if the package is not paid by them but you.

The other thing is, you never know how long it takes for the package to arrive. The 8-10 days the mail service says is never true, at least not for Germany. It's rather 20-30 days.