Read-Only Read-Only Topic
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools
Burn scar appears to have greatly diminished! Login/Join

posted
I've been a daily user of TriReduction cream in the AM on my hands and arms, and Lactic Power 10% in the PM, since April 2014, in the hopes of thickening the skin. What I just noticed the other day is dramatic diminishing of a rather large oven burn scar on my forearm that I got last Spring. I'm thinking that's how these products are going to work, slow and steady, as advertised; although IMO this was quick work, then again the burn was newer. I'm not sure how long it took to fade, since I wasn't using it for that purpose, but it definitely tells me something is happening, and that I need to be patient. I will continue this regimen because the sun damage and crepey skin (I'm in my mid 50's) were created over many years and I assume will take longer.

I have a question about the most effective way to use the microfiber cloth. Buffing with a dry cloth on dry skin, wet cloth on wet skin, or does it matter?

This message has been edited. Last edited by: Skin Biology,

Posts: 1 | Location: Texas | Registered: 04 February 2015Report This Post
Picture of Skin Biology
posted Hide Post
Dear txco:

Thanks for posting your experience! Through the years, we've had many report similar results.

How to Best Use Your Microfiber Cloth
Gently buffing the skin when dry would probably give better abrasion, but the caution would be to avoid over-doing it. These highly effective cleansing cloths can be deceptively easy to overuse. Using the cloth when it is slightly damp, seems to work well to exfoliate the area without running into irritation. We have some great tips at Usage of Skin Biology Microdermabrasion Cloths (scroll down for tips/details), and your cloth will come with some information as well.

For instance, we recommend the 20-to-90 SECOND RULE:

---Daily use: Maximum of 20 seconds
---Deep exfoliation: Maximum of 90 seconds, but only once a week
---Those with sensitive skin should never use their cloth for more than 20 seconds.

Please post back your thoughts and comments.

Best Wishes,
-Skin Biology

Posts: 4865 | Location: Skin Biology in Bellevue, Washington - USA | Registered: 22 June 2004Report This Post