Read-Only Read-Only Topic
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools
Breaking hair. Login/Join

posted   Report This Post  
I've been trying to grow my hair out forever now, but it's SO damaged. It's very fragile and constantly breaking - I spend about an hour every other day cutting off extreme split ends and broken hairs.

I know the best thing I can do for it is to stop heat styling, and I'm doing my best to avoid it, but for various reasons that really isn't too much of an option for me.

So does anyone have any reccomendations for products that will strengthen my hair and prevent further breakage? Products to lessen heat damage, shampoos, conditioners, treatments, sprays, leave-ins, serums...anything and everything!

Thanks!
Picture of stoney
posted   Hide PostReport This Post  
Linnyloo, I would add MSM to you supplements & since you are a vegan, you need to be sure you are getting enough protein. That may be part of the problem.

It is very improtant to balance out the food chain... Smiler...
Picture of Di
Hi linnyloo,

First of all make sure your using professional
products, not drugstore. I like Paul Mitchell Strength Treatment Super Strong Treatment(rebuilds and restores). But only use that one ONCE a week,if you use it too much it will make your hair even dryer. It really makes my hair feel stronger. I also like Biolage hydratherapie Conditioning Balm. It says it nourishes and repairs dry, stressed hair. You can use that daily. You can ask at a hairstylist what they would recomend for a thermal heat protector leave in conditioner. I think Joico makes a good one.I cant think of the name right now, but I know there are a lot to choose from. Make sure you get a good professional moisturizing Shampoo. Get a tiny bit trimmed off your hair every 2 or 3 months. Hope that helps.

Di Smiler
Picture of stoney
Yes Linnyloo, "Food Pyramid"... Thumbs UP!...

I was thinking 3 dimensional triangle but the word escaped me?... Confused...I must have been thinking "piranhas"?... Laughing

You may want to try Folligen Products to get your hair back in better shape & keep working on the internal balance... Cheers!