Read-Only Read-Only Topic
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools
Thinning hair at front/top Login/Join

posted   Report This Post  
My hair has thinned out at the front/top to the point that I can see the scalp and it's really hard to style it because of this.

I used Rogaine for Women faithfully for 5 months and didn't see any change. Then I ordered a 6-month supply of Provillus solution (appears to be the same as Rogaine) and their hair vitamin. I've been using that faithfully now for about 3 months. Sometimes I think my hair in this area looks a bit heavier, but I think that is just wishful thinking because on close inspection I see no new peach fuzz coming in.

I also order the Spencer Forrest hair laser disk but have only used that a few times at this point.

I'm about hair-recovery poor and would like some input. I see something mentioned in this forum called Folligen. I would like some info about that. I am also hoping that I might get a response from Dr. Pickart.

Thank you
Nikilet
Picture of Innermind
posted   Hide PostReport This Post  
Provillus is expensive rogaine and multi vitamin. Essentially a rip off imo and many others. Adding copper peptides to any hair restoration regieme is a good idea. It may be just what you need. I would get folligen if i were you and just use regular generic minox 2% and take a multivitaim. Thats really all you need, provillius is a rip off.
Thank you for this answer. It rather confirms what I feared. I did write to Provilus within their money-back-guarantee time and received an email to just keep using as it takes time. So now I am out $200 and the guarantee period is over.
There is an alternative to all the invasive methods of hair loss treatment. The best hair loss product called "Provillus" which provides a non-intrusive alternative to slowing hair loss and stimulating hair growth. This simple yet effective method of hair growth will surely have the boasting of gorgeous full head of hair in no time.
You might try going up to the generic men's 5% Rogaine. I did that when the women's wasn't working, and the difference was dramatic. It took about 30 days for me. There was more scalp irritation... maybe Folligen could help with that? Also there was more facial and body hair growth, but a good waxing took care of all that. I got to where I only had to use the Rogaine once per day to maintain. I think for some women the 2% just isn't strong enough.
HeavenScott: Did you not read my initial post? I ordered a 6-mo. supply of Provillus and it hasn't done a thing for me!

slight: I thank you very much for the info. I have ordered Folligen, Emu oil, the shampoo and conditioner from Dr. Pickart. I am so hopeful, but I must confess, if this stuff works like it says, why don't more people know of it? I know so many people who are and have struggled with this hair loss thing and have spent a lot of money trying so many things. If this Folligen and such is the mircle it is reported to be, one would think it would be all over the TV. I stumbled on it by accident reading in a forum about facial exercises.
Nikilet,
I wish you luck with the Folligen. I am also trying it for the first time, and I think it's very well developed. Since you mention you've had little success with other topical products, I wonder if you have explored the possibility of existing underlying health conditions, such as autoimmunity, thyroid problems, adrenal and hormone issues? Also, acute nutritional deficiencies and heavy metal and xenoestrogen toxicities can be key players in hair issues.
And, it's never really one thing, but a complex of them. Healing - and hair regrowth - requires lots o' patience and persistence, I've found!
For me, I've been working on my hair from the inside out, dealing with my health & deficiency issues, and now, look forward to nudging my hair follicles awake with Folligen which seems to me to be very good stuff.

Best of luck and long hair!
LoveDoves: Thank you for your response.

I take a bevy of supplements every day, and have been doing so for several years. I have now added MSM and Flaxseed Oil to this bevy.

I guess I will just hope for the best. I also wish you luck and long hair and hope that we can both report back here that it is working.
slight: I forgot to comment on your suggestion to use the 5% Rogaine. It warns, right on their site, that the 5% is for men only and is too strong for women, so I am a bit hesitant about using it. I applaud you for your courage. I, too, might have to take that step if nothing else works. My hair loss seems to be only starting at the front hairline and back about 3-4 inches, and about the same depth from side to side.